overall
Serve in Bowl

RATINGS: 897   WEIGHTED AVG: 2.88/5   EST. CALORIES: 90   ABV: 3%
Light golden in color, extremely sour with a light bodied wheat character.

brewblackhole (1587) - Muskego, Wisconsin, USA - MAR 7, 2006
Aroma is lemony tart and sour,light straw colored,little head, sour puckery slightly sweet taste,lactic acidity tartness, lemony dry finish. I can see times in the summer when this would hit the spot. Real thirst quencher

jdjuice (502) - Kumamoto, JAPAN - MAR 6, 2006
Unfortunately for this beer, I wasn’t expecting the ridiculous sour taste and thought I got a bad beer. From what little I tasted it was very lemony, almost vinegary, and very dry. Next time I try this beer, I’ll taste it with an open mind knowing what to expect. As for now, be warned it’s not a typical weisse.

oh6gdx (26485) - Vasa, FINLAND - MAR 3, 2006
Bottled. Golden hazy colour, mediumsized head. Aroma sweet fruits, hops and wheat. Very sweet, but extremely dry lemon in flavour. Extreme dryness. Like a very good cider, more than a beer. Aftertaste of fruit and wheat.

mabjork (693) - Vasa, FINLAND - FEB 25, 2006
Bottled. Hazy light yellow in colour, minor white head. there is an aroma of fruits The flavour has a sour scent / taste of fruits but mostly yeast. it has a sour after taste. GREAT BEER!

DonMagi (5593) - bantervile, Bedfordshire, ENGLAND - FEB 22, 2006
Yass i love this style, this is only my second berliner weisse and it was just outstanding again. Aroma starts a bit minimal, progresses onto a cooking apple sour sharp cider with lemons, then again changes to a rasberry buiscutness. Taste similarly starts a bit bland, but it was in a cold fridge, however then progresses into sourness, with apple skins and rasberrys, the sourness seems to be coming from raw red cabbage, YAASSSSSS. These beers are some of the most refreshing beers ever made and so easily drinkable. Get me more!

Garrat (1347) - Suffolk, ENGLAND - FEB 17, 2006
Bottle.Light gold with no head,aroma is of peaches and yeast,taste is sour with lemons,lime and apple with a dry finish.

ryan (3185) - Beltsville, Maryland, USA - FEB 15, 2006
Pours a hazy light golden color with a smallish white head that quickly fades. Aroma is pineapple, apples, and lemons. Flavor is sour and dry, lots of lemons. The finish is sour with a touch of tannin bitterness. Mouthfeel is crisp, light and refreshing.

auerbrau (3206) - Ithaca, New York, USA - FEB 13, 2006
UPDATED: MAY 26, 2006 Pours a clean clear straw yellow, with a foamy white head and champagne fine carbonation. Slight lemon aroma with a hint of dusty grain. Tart and dry wheatyness flavor, with some lemon and ubiquitous grainy background. A hint of State Fair and a handfull of flax seed. Puckery, but not overly so, quite enjoyable actually. Some efferevescence and a light quality of esters in the finish. Very satisfying and refreshing, although I feel the acid working on my teeth.

Kevin (2217) - Montana, USA - FEB 8, 2006
Slightly hazed gold body with a large frothed up white head. Apple juice, pear skins jello aroma. Slightly tart flavor that leaves a slick feel on the back of my tongue. Chalky apple flavor to this. The grainy malt profile really only comes out late in the finish but it lingers and compliments this. A nice dry fruitiness that works well with the tart. All in all a nice one. Thanks jeff Ap-3 ar- 6 tas- 6 pal-4 ov-14

GG (2332) - NorCal, California, USA - FEB 7, 2006
BIG thanks to my best buddy Brian for this one. I’ve heard about this beer for awhile now, but up until recently it was unattainable. But as the fates have it, one was now in my possesion and it was going to be consumed. I decided to go with the raspberry syrup since thats how it’s served in Germany, but I reserved about 10% to sample w/o the syrup. So first my thoughts on the beer w/o syrup. I couldn’t detect a strong aroma of anything really, but there was a tart/lemony/citrus aroma floating about. Appearance was very pale in color. Mouthfeels was light. The flavor profile is was really made me notice. It was like a mini-gueze!! And we are talking very miniscule mini because it was tart and acidic but not over the top. So I poured the syrup into my Chimay goblet, and then the brew and it became this immediate pinkish liquid with an even lighter pink head. Aroma was raspberries and.....that’s about it. Mouthfeel was still fairly light and suprisingly not real syrupy. Flavor profile switched from tart to incredibly sweet, basically burying any resemblence of a beer in the syrup. Overall I thought it was enjoyable (my wife even took a sip and said not bad and she HATES beer) but not my style. I’m glad I tried it, I doubt I will ever buy something like this unless I’m in Germany and this is what they’ve got.