overall
RATINGS: 249   WEIGHTED AVG: 3.48/5   EST. CALORIES: 120   ABV: 4%
Bert Grantís Perfect Porter, a style of chocolate-brown ale, rose to fame during the 1700ís as a favorite refreshment of Industrial Revolution laborers including many working porters after whom it was named. Grantís Perfect Porter is full-bodied and brewed with imported Scottish peated malt that enhances its delicious chocolate character with a pleasant, lightly smoky flavor.

leebar3 (1) - Tieton, Washington, USA - MAR 21, 2004 does not count
This is the best Porter I have ever tasted. It doesn't hurt that Grant's Brewpub is just across the railroad tracks from my office. I can get it fresh!!

TomBach (1) - Brooklyn, New York, USA - AUG 9, 2006 does not count
This is my absolute favorite beer, hands down, siihb. If anyone knows where i can get a keg or a bunch of cases feel free to let me know. I need them for a wedding this spring. siih(y)b, Tom Bach

hophead48116 (2) - Brighton, Michigan, USA - NOV 22, 2006 does not count
the best there ever was. I sure do miss it. chocolate, a bit smoky. wonderful malty flavor. Lightly sweet, great finish. Heaven in a glass

mbcratpack (1) - brighton, Michigan, USA - FEB 27, 2006 does not count
It is a sad day that the best porter I have ever had, bar none, by far, has been reitired! Whatís up with that????

mribm (462) - Ocala, Florida, USA - OCT 29, 2003
Bottled. I wasn't expecting a good porter, because I think most of Grant's beers are just average. However this porter was a pleasant surprise. There was a massive amount of chocolate/coffee in the nose and taste. Nice carbonation with a hoppy finish. There was also a nice tan head that left ample lacing all the way down the glass. This has instantly become one of my favorite porters! I only wish the alcohol content was a little (okay a lot) higher.

TheRavishingOne (45) - Cumming, Georgia, USA - FEB 25, 2002
UPDATED: AUG 30, 2003 Very smooth beer with dramatic chocolate overtones, and a slightly less dramatic coffee flavor. Just to say it simple, it isn't bitter in the least bit. This is the best beer I have encountered thus far. Thank you goes out to the unknown man at JAX in Cumming, GA for his reccomendation.

4xDamage (1) - Maryland, USA - JAN 31, 2008 does not count
I had this beer during the summer of 2001 while on vacation in St. George, Florida. I was drinking a lot of Rolling Rock and Guinness at the time. When I had this, it was the most perfect drink I had ever consumed - rich body with the definite aroma of chocolate and coffee. Where, oh where did my Perfect Porter go?

raymow (1602) - Bensalem, Pennsylvania, USA - APR 14, 2003
I don't know if I'd call it "perfect", but it's pretty damn close. Nice dark color and good flavor. The only better porter that I've had so far would be Sierra Nevada's.

drewcifer85710 (158) - Youngstown, Ohio, USA - OCT 17, 2004
Man do I like this. Reminds me of a more drinkable Nimbus Oatmeal Stout or a smoother Rogue Mocha Porter. Seriously very good. Beautiful almost-black color. Hints of coffee, smoky chocolate. Light but still creamy and very smooth-bodied. Sweet without being cloying and not without backbone. This oneís a new regular in my rotation to be sure.

Panzuriel (2199) - Westerville, Ohio, USA - SEP 3, 2002
This is the perfect porter! Very dark with nice head. Great roasted malt aroma. Great hints of chocolate. Silky awesome texture. Almost a perfect beer, in my opinion.