Fegley's Brew Works Karneval Kölsch

RATINGS: 9   MEAN: 3.14/5.0   WEIGHTED AVG: 3.08/5   EST. CALORIES: 144   ABV: 4.8%
A German style ale typically brewed in Cologne where one can see the Kölner Dom (cathedral) from the brewery. This light colored ale is made with Pilsen, vienna, and munich malts. Fermented with German kolsch yeast. Sehr gut!

Most RecentTicked By

DocLock (10970) - Lower Pottsgrove, Pennsylvania, USA - NOV 5, 2004
Gold colored with minimal head. Aroma of hopcit and slight honey. Crisp, smooth finish. Somewhat light on the palate. Not bad.

beaconstreet (811) - Washington DC, USA - SEP 26, 2004
Trying to be honeyed; not succeeding. Light, not really fully bodied. I hate that ratebeer erases your comments after failing to write 75 characters or after the site times out. Argh. Beer was just eh.

Jine (903) - Nutley, New Jersey, USA - SEP 25, 2004
Sampler at the brewpub. Kolsches are interesting and this was fair, but not great. Might have to be a rerate when I can get a whole pint to itself

biznizness (1128) - Charlotte, North Carolina, USA - SEP 21, 2004
A nice example of the style. I guess this is one of those styles that you either like or you don’t, or at least there are a lot of people out there who don’t like beers this light. I am one who can go for a nice refreshing brew such as this one, and this was good. Would get it again, but I’d start off with it this time.

raymow (1732) - Bensalem, Pennsylvania, USA - SEP 29, 2003
I had this on tap at "Sippin' By the River" in Phila last weekend. I remember that I liked it, but it was toward the end of the day and after the 1st three hours, everything started to taste the same. It seemed to be a good quality beer, though. I'll re-rate as soon as I get the chance (I'd love to take a ride up to the brewpub one of these days - it's about 50 miles away).

Holdwine (1237) - Beertimore, Maryland, USA - SEP 18, 2003
Again, must be a bad keg. My tasting was lacking most of the positive notes already posted. This beer lacked nose, flavor and finish. Far too watery. Maybe some minor citrus notes, but that is it.

Admiral (524) - Schnecksville, Pennsylvania, USA - SEP 30, 2002
Not bad at all. Good malty sweetness, light without being watery. Some ale-like fruitiness, but after all, Kolsch is an ale...

SETANTA (582) - Bangor, Pennsylvania, USA - SEP 12, 2002
Nice German malt character... some decoction style sweetness from an infusion system!!! Not too shabby

eke99 (6) - Bethlehem, Pennsylvania, USA - JAN 10, 2002 does not count
A wonderful brew. An excellent smooth taste that was totally enjoyable......

HighlanderOne (1365) - York, SC via NJ, South Carolina, USA - AUG 15, 2001
These guys can do no wrong! Another wonderful beer by BBW Creamy, persistent head. Brown color, creamy, smooth, and delicious.