overall
RATINGS: 203   WEIGHTED AVG: 3.05/5   EST. CALORIES: 156   ABV: 5.2%
This dark brown ale is slightly sweet with a caramel and dark fruit finish. A show case of fine English malts, floor malted the old way. We use pale, chocolate, and crystal malts to produce a complex, but easy drinking dark ale. Very reminescent of northern English ales.

villania80 (1) - charlotte, North Carolina, USA - MAR 1, 2006 does not count
excellent beer, very smooth, soothing aroma. I recomend this beer for anyone who loves dark beer. "Uncle Nuts" nut brown ale resembles the taste of Guiness Draught or Murphy’s Draught.

moreshoes (2) - Roswell, Georgia, USA - SEP 14, 2004 does not count
This is my fave Brown Ale. Not overwelming hoppy taste. Very easy to drink .

Cavie (4837) - Arlington, Texas, USA - MAR 4, 2009
Thanks to emacgee. Now this is what a brown ale should strive for! The aroma on this beer was awesome, so fresh smelling. Very dark pour with minimal head. The taste was that of the smoothest dark beer I have ever tried. A nice mix of roasted malt with a touch of caramel make this a top notch brew.

maxwelldeux (4433) - Snohomish, Washington, USA - MAY 27, 2012
I’m not usually a brown ale fan, but this is awesome. Great chocolatey notes to this one and is remarkably smooth. A very easy drink and lighter than I would have thought.