RATINGS: 215   WEIGHTED AVG: 1.9/5   EST. CALORIES: 144   ABV: 4.8%
Brewed in upstate New York, Big Flats 1901 Premium American Lager pays homage to the flat boats that traveled the areas rivers delivering goods to early settlers.

AROMA 3/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 3/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 6/20
nealblind (1767) - Seattle, Alabama, USA - NOV 1, 2014
clear gold pour. Some big head. Aroma of corn, fake hops. Tastes sweet corn, cereal grains, sugar, honey. very slight bitter. for how sweet it is, it dries out decently on the finish.

AROMA 5/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 5/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 10/20
Frank (4076) - Chicago, Illinois, USA - OCT 28, 2014
This is brewed specifically for Walgreens, I believe, though I may be mistaken. I figured it would be your standard City Brewing contract awfulness but Genessee makes this and its kinda OK. It is a clear yellow beer w a head of fine bubbles and little spots of lace. This is grainy and kind of sweet but not really a particularly flavorful beer. It is medium bodied for the style w/ moderate carbonation. Overall, Id say this isnt really a standout beer and isnt really trying to be. As a beer you buy for three bucks a six pack at a drug store, Id say its pretty damn decent.

AROMA 3/10   APPEARANCE 1/5   TASTE 5/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 11/20
geologyguy (1461) - Columbia, South Carolina, USA - APR 2, 2014
UPDATED: SEP 21, 2015 Not as bad as I thought...slightly sweet and malty smell and taste, not bad at all especially for the price...

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 16/20
Nekronos (4175) - Xalapa, MEXICO - MAR 25, 2014
Not bad, a little malty and easy to drink. NOt crafty at all was but it can be enjoyed in a meeting too.

AROMA 4/10   APPEARANCE 1/5   TASTE 4/10   PALATE 1/5   OVERALL 7/20
Headbanger (3945) - Aurora, Illinois, USA - MAR 24, 2014
12oz can 1/31/11 (DFW Layover)-Pours a clear golden with a big loose white head. Aroma of sweetness, corn, and malt. Taste of the same with more sweetness. This light bodied brew was not as bad as I was expecting.

AROMA 5/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 4/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 7/20
JStax (5823) - Devola/Marietta, Ohio, USA - MAR 23, 2014
12 ounce can poured into a big snifter. Pours a clear gold with a white head of foam. Mediocre retention. Not much aroma, but what is there reminds me of corn flavored cotton candy. Sounds tasty, huh? The taste is more corn than sweet cotton candy. If I remember correctly, this is the cheapest beer available in the US. I could see that. I would take it over a lot of the other macros for sure, though. Light body and medium carbonation.

AROMA 5/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 12/20
jsquire (4298) - St. Marys, Ohio, USA - FEB 13, 2014
Straw yellow color with a quickly dissipating fizzy white head. Sweet corny nose with some hop notes. Thick syrupy mouthfeel with corn, white sugar and some grains. Odd beer.

AROMA 3/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 3/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 5/20
Zymurgeist2 (2032) - Redwood City, California, USA - FEB 7, 2014
Can from Wallgreens. Sweet cereal grain and wet paper dominate nose. Clear light gold with a slightly off white head. Taste is cereal grain and slight lemon. A little sweet but finished very quickly. Slight corn. Thinnish mouthfeel.

1.2
   AROMA 3/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 2/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 2/20
frankliemydear (12) - Roseville, California, USA - JAN 26, 2014
Ive often seen reviews which describe a beer as "skunky." I never knew what that meant until yesterday. We drove by a dead skunk, and as I smelled it, I thought, "that reminds me of Big Flats Beer." I believe its really hard to ruin a beer. And my taste of Big Flats wasnt totally ruined. It was drinkable, but barely. It did slightly remind me of the skunk I drove by..not a whole bunch but a little bit. I dont think its real good beer, although Big Flats Light isnt bad. For $2.50 a six pack, the Big Flats was barely worth it.

AROMA 2/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 12/20
malkyore (377) - - JAN 17, 2014
I was informed by a friend that in the far off land of wallgreens there existed a 6 pack so cheap that you could get it for under 4 dollars. I did not believe him until I found it.... This is a beer that occupies the new cheapest spot in the list of beers Id probably buy again. Its not repulsive, its sweet and a little malty, you can almost taste a good beer in there somewhere... For what it is, its great! If youre strapped for cash and still want a 6 pack that wont break the bank, but dont mind drinking something thats not the most spectacular beverage youve ever consumed, buy this. Its pretty not that bad, I guess...