RATINGS: 179   WEIGHTED AVG: 1.89/5   EST. CALORIES: 144   ABV: 4.8%
Brewed in upstate New York, Big Flats 1901 Premium American Lager pays homage to the flat boats that traveled the area’s rivers delivering goods to early settlers.

0.9
Eckato (147) - Gulfport, Florida, USA - APR 1, 2012
I can’t believe this....but....this may be the worst beer that I have ever tasted....

MrBunn (2868) - The Wet Side of a Dry Town, Pennsylvania, USA - AUG 5, 2012
Can from Walgreens. So coyotehunter and I were fishing and drinking beer this weekend before an unfortunate episode sent us to Walgreens. The main reason it was unfortunate was that I noticed this beer in the booze section. Pour is fizzy and light gold. Aroma of canned corn and metal. Flavor is just plain insipid. Vapid. Boo.

sjohnny (693) - - OCT 10, 2012
UPDATED: OCT 19, 2012 A friend’s dad bought a six pack of this stuff at Walgreens for less than $2.00 if I remember right. You definitely get what you pay for. This is a step down from Natty Light and Milwaukees Beast. Pale, flat, skunky, bitter, acidic.

shrubber85 (11762) - Greenville, Indiana, USA - DEC 22, 2013
Can. Corn and barley malt aroma. Medium yellow with huge head. Weird sweet vegetal malt flavor - like the crappy mixed vegetables you get in a TV dinner. Looks pretty good but that’s it. Vile.

crossovert (14233) - Chicago, Illinois, USA - MAR 16, 2011
No worse than Miller or Bud, but cheaper. Doesn’t have much but at the price why buy miller?

PhillyBeer2112 (2942) - Oviedo, Florida, USA - APR 10, 2011
Well how could I resist a $3 sixpack! But I don’t know how much I will enjoy the remaining 5 cans. Poured crystal clear, almost over-filtered, light straw-gold, foamy head faded fast. Aroma was grainy but clean, flavor was initially clean and light, but then tended to a strong sour-corn graininess. If it was just light and clean I could take it but it really just comes across as cheap and nasty.

Janitor (9) - USA - NOV 9, 2012 does not count
The aroma is a fruity yeast smell. I just made a loaf of bread in my bread machine today and for sugar I happened to grab a jar of blackberry jam. So this is a fruity dough smelling beer. No lacing on a wine glass I just rinsed out. The color of urine. Modest carbonation clinging to the glass. No lasting flavors at all beyond a few seconds. Even in wine glass there is a lingering aluminum smell. Normally I buy glass anyway. I am a new customer of this beer. It matched the money I had in my wallet at Walgreens. I mistakenly thought the brand was ’Tire Flats’ It would be a good to rename the beer to that. Summary- this is awful beer and you get your money’s worth. Its kind of like they had a good beer but then added water to bring the price down. Its a watery beer.

wildbeercat (359) - Tucson, Arizona, USA - JUL 23, 2013
12 fl oz / 355ml can into a frosty mug. Served cold. Aroma: Corny. No hop profile. Sweetish. Appearance: Completely clear, pale yellow body with a thick, soapy, white head. Taste: Mild malt. not as bad as I was expecting, to be honest. Still pretty bad, though. Palate: Light body, instafinish. Watery as it gets. Overall: Yellow, sweet water.

0.6
PRUCK (21) - CHICAGO, Illinois, USA - FEB 2, 2011
WALGREENS IS THE SHITTIEST STORE EVER. FUCK WALGREENS. Walgreens has a practical monopoly on retail items in Chicago. Walgreens has store after store after motherfucking store in Chicago, all filled with the same puke. They’re perpetually ’behind the times’ but their hegemonic presence in this city means they can just keep on sucking ass and get away with it. Now they’re trying to carry beer for the first time and its just pathetic. They just HAD to come out with a walgreens version of beer didn’t they!? Walgreens made their own versions of energy drinks, their own versions of vitamin water, their own version of coca-cola. WHY!? They’re all shitty. I’m the only person I’ve ever seen buying any of those products and its just cause i am perversely attracted to the abject and feel compelled to perform as an expert in the field of that which is awful. I was not surprised at all to see that this crap is made by genesee brewing.

0.6
User69782 (37) - - MAR 28, 2011
12oz can from the Wal. Pour is translucent yellow with lots of fizzy white head that dissipates quickly. This beer is like beachfront property; its damn near water. Aroma is corn and ...not good. Taste is slightly sweet followed by lots of sour and bitter. Protip: does not get better as it warms up. I’ll make sure my next one is MUCH colder. Not sure what redeeming qualities others were seeing. But at 2 for $1 at the notoriously marked-up Walgreen’s prices, it’s hobo cheap. Dupe an unsuspecting friend into thinking it is a micro and watch the sad, sad look on their face as they take the first swig. To put it in perspective, this makes Steel Reserve taste like a Belgian.