RATINGS: 197   WEIGHTED AVG: 2.85/5   IBU: 25   EST. CALORIES: 174   ABV: 5.8%
The most complex of our beer line-up with a combination of five different malts and four different hop varieties. Buttface has the broadest popular appeal of our beers. It has a high malt character and lack of evident hops. This surprises people because it is easy to drink, but has a higher alcohol content than what is perceived.

studke (1) - , Oregon, USA - AUG 22, 2008 does not count
My favorite beer. A great blend that goes down smooth. The alcohol content sneaks up on you, as this beer always seems to give me a buzz faster.

chris83282 (4) - - JUN 10, 2013 does not count
By far I think this is the best beer from Big Horn. Everytime I get a chance to go to C. B. & Potts I get this beer. They have good burgers also.

Unibonger (163) - Mount Shasta, California, USA - SEP 10, 2010
Growler. Pours a medium brown, slightly khaki head with good retention. Very fruity aroma, slight notes of the hops, definitely sweet smelling too. Really mellow flavor, good balance of hops and malt with hops dominating a wee bit, finishes quickly. Medium carbonation, a strange sensation that reminds me of cola, real light body and slightly slick texture.

roland (38) - Bellevue, Washington, USA - MAY 17, 2000
I had this brew at Tir Na Nog in Seattle - it's the best of the three brews that they do themselves (Tir Na Nog is one of Ram's pubs) It has a wonderful almost fruity aroma and a strong taste.

dwyerpg (6365) - Las Vegas, Nevada, USA - JUL 31, 2007
No aroma. Faint caramel and good hop characters. A nice light flavor, but not too thin. Consistent and well balanced, I was quite impressed with this amber.

cubs (10693) - Fort Collins, Colorado, USA - NOV 26, 2010
Tasted on tap at the Fort Collins Horserooth location. Medium to dark yellow/orange appearance. Nutty and amber appearance. Medium bodied flavor with amber malts and fairly strong hints of nuts. Great beer to kick back a six pack of.

Andrew196 (1973) - Katy, Texas, USA - MAY 25, 2002
This was the best beer in the house as far as I am concerned. Looked great, nice head, well balanced with the hops and malts....very good hops actually...Willemette. Quaffable!

davidoc (113) - Chicago, Illinois, USA - OCT 5, 2002
Nice taste. They're not lying about the alcohol content, either.............

kenb (1102) - Oregon, USA - APR 28, 2007
Sampled at 2007 Blooms & Brews Beer Festival. Dark Amber. Small head. Flavor is sweet, with caramel and floral hops. Balanced with a nice finish. Very smooth.

sbanach (222) - Alabama, USA - FEB 16, 2011
This was a good one! on tap at brewery in chicago. Smells nutty and alcohol. Tastes nutty, crystal amber, little chocolate malt/specialty grains on tounge. Little willamette hops, spicy and no floral bouquet on tounge. Tastes like a replica of my irish red I brewed in Nov. Almost a typical ESB then an amber..