RATINGS: 64   WEIGHTED AVG: 1.93/5   EST. CALORIES: 210   ABV: 7%
A crisp, full-flavored lager brewed and canned for Big Hurt Brewing Co., Monroe, WI. www.BigHurtBeer.com

ccex (1373) - Chicago, Illinois, USA - MAY 18, 2012
24 oz. can pours a pale golden color with a big but quickly disappearing white head. Smells of corn syrup. Aroma is corn with some grains and vanilla flavor. Taste is sweet with a surprisingly clean finish. Body is thin. If it weren’t for the 7% ABV I’d call this a pale lager. I expected much worse from this one, thinking of Billy Beer, Landshark, and others named after living celebrities, and some other horrible cheap canned beers from Monroe WI. It serves its purpose on a warm sunny day on the Southside of Chicago.

traindrunk2 (7) - USA - MAY 2, 2012 does not count
This beer is horrible! Have drank a bunch of malt liquor in my time, this one of the worst. Speaks for itself when I had a friend dump out a sample of it at a beer festival.

SrSilliGose (3324) - pouring bus, New Brunswick, CANADA - MAY 1, 2012
can with a big thanks to Frank for sending this my way. traded him a griffey rookie card and some bazooka joe. some corn and dirty grain notes. drinks relatively good. some old dough. not too bad. booze well hidden.

1.4
phaleslu (10750) - Cincinnati, Ohio, USA - APR 30, 2012
24 oz. can shared by lushawn- thanks, Shawn! I had a bunch of Big Hurt baseball cards back in the day. Pours a pale piss yellow with a huge fizzy white head. Corn, sugar, water, maybe some straw or crackers- not much to this. Not horrible, and the ABV seems lower than most malt liquors, but just nothing to it. I guess I’d call it a session malt liquor for bums.

JoePeesie (924) - Long Lake, Illinois, USA - MAR 14, 2012
Better than expected. Pours a clean crips watery gold with a fluffy white head. Nose and taste is sweet and malty with a touch of heat. This is actually a half ass decent Malt Liquor IMO.

drdisque (886) - Illinois, USA - FEB 21, 2012
From the 24 oz can. Flavor is sweet corn with a touch of vanilla flavor. Not too many off-putting adjunct or other off-putting flavors so common in Malt Liquors, especially of this ABV - so as far as cheap canned malt liquors go, this actually isn’t that bad.

Butters (4176) - Richmond, Virginia, USA - FEB 16, 2012
Now, I’d consider myself somewhat of a ’cheap swill’ aficionado, so when I came across this tall boy, it was a no-brainer for me to pick up. And I’m sure glad I did. This was actually one of the best one’s i’ve had. Very corny for sure, but not in an offensive way. Not overly sweetened either, though it certainly leans that direction. Cleaner, with a less imposed metallic tinny quality than most I come across. I was quite impressed with this actually.

Cornfield (5569) - Oak Forest, Illinois, USA - FEB 2, 2012
Malt Liquors should be challengingly fun drinks. This thing just has a corn syrupy sweetness in both aroma and taste... Too easy to slam down and, in that aspect, on a par with some of the faux malt liquors from "craft brewers." Truly not to style. Some degree of pain should be involved with a "real" Malt Liquor and, except for a somewhat tinny aftertaste, this offers nothing of the sort. The urine yellow body and the quickly vanishing head, however, are pretty much on target.

DrnkMcDermott (3161) - Downers Grove, Illinois, USA - JAN 21, 2012
Tall Boy from Binny’s. Now I love me the Big Hurt. But I also know what happens when celebrities put their name on a beer. Think Land Shark. Think Billy. This at least has more strength. Pours very pale yellow color under a big beer head. But this brings up a big solventy corn squeezins’ smell. Color is at least acceptable for this style. But the taste is the same old corn sugar. Again, alcoholic solvent, barely tempered by whatever hops might be struggling to smooth it out. Oh, well, Frank will make the Hall of Fame on the first ballot, this might make it to the bottom of the can.

MBFCompany (5) - , California, USA - JAN 6, 2012 does not count
I’ve seen this called a malt liquor in prior reviews - but I’m going to disagree. It tastes more like an imperial Lager (not Imperial Pilsner ). There is a strong corn presence, but that’s not a bad thing for this style of beer. The 7% abv doesn’t come off hot, like many high alcohol Lagers. If you like slightly sweet, strong lagers, this could be your beer. Obviously, if you hate this style of beer and your favorite style is an imperial stout, then you’re not going to enjoy this - so don’t buy it & then complain about it because it doesn’t taste like Dark Lord. I say, keep an open mind about this beer. If it’s cold and priced right.... Not to mention, it’s from one of the coolest and respected athletes of our generation - Frank Thomas.