RATINGS: 64   WEIGHTED AVG: 1.93/5   EST. CALORIES: 210   ABV: 7%
A crisp, full-flavored lager brewed and canned for Big Hurt Brewing Co., Monroe, WI. www.BigHurtBeer.com

Pawola22 (3262) - Woodridge, Illinois, USA - DEC 23, 2011
24oz can. Pours a crystal clear, pale yellow colored body with a thin, fizzy, white head that dissipates quickly and leaves a light lacing. Aroma is barely there, but has a bit of a sweet grain and straw. Flavor is similar. Watery with a touch of grainy, sugary sweetness. Finishes with a light, malty sweetness with no real flavor before leaving no aftertaste. Light body and a moderately fizzy carbonation. Overall, this doesn’t taste bad, but it really doesn’t taste like anything. It’s a boring, sweet and grainy, bland malt liquor. Bleh...

0.7
andyhwcinc (1886) - Chicago, Illinois, USA - DEC 22, 2011
Purchased from Binny’s in Chicago, IL out of curiosity, drank on the day that the Sox paid Danks a huge sum of money, also enjoyed with friends while playing the board game Dungeon Master. I could only drink about 4 oz of this. Appearance clear yellow with rich white head that dissipates. Aroma like Frank Thomas’ jock strap after a 2 double game. Taste is just awful, it has a sour like quality, tinny, rancid, decrepit, horrible, not the worst but somewhat close. Horrible idea for a beverage. My friend drank the remainder of it, I have no idea how he did it, I couldn’t get past 4 oz.

NobleSquirrel (3439) - Chicago, Illinois, USA - DEC 20, 2011
Can from Binny’s. I think. Whatever. All I know is that I’m pissed. I actually like malt liquor when it’s actually fermented. This tasted like rain water that had a couple of lumps of sugar mixed in. Pure sugar water. They should have added yeast. Assholes.

thome50 (1295) - Morro Bay via Orange County, California, USA - DEC 19, 2011
Another bottle from Atom but not as Santa. Enjoyed that 4 way we had with matt and mark, I hope it was as good for you. Can pours a super pale yellow with a frothy white head. This looked damn nice in the Lost Abbey tulip I poured it in. Aroma is not bad at all with some bread and a little bit of hay or spent grain. Taste was not overly abrasive in terms of malt liquor. Was actually pretty easy drinking with only a slight can taste to it. Not as chemical as I would have suspected this to be. Overall, you were a bad ass baseball player but were better at hittin’ dingers than making beer. Come on hall of fame!

HonkeyBra (4044) - Lemont, Illinois, USA - DEC 16, 2011
Shocked I haven’t rated this yet. Why? Frank Thomas is my favorite baseball player of all time. He’s a first ballot hall of famer. This beer? woah. Just about as bad as it gets. Abrasive, chemical. I want to remember my idol fondly. Not like this beer.

0.6
17thfloor (2444) - Chicago, Illinois, USA - NOV 27, 2011
Bad. O lord. What is this... well malt liquor I know... but wow... spit take first sip. Easily one of the worst beers I’ve ever had... ever.

Tmoney99 (15040) - Cincinnati, Ohio, USA - NOV 22, 2011
Can. Poured clear pale color with an average frothy white head that was mostly lasting with fair lacing. Light grainy aroma. Light body with a watery texture with soft carbonation. Medium sweet flavor with a short sweet finish. Drinkable beer that did not met my expectations.

0.8
FunkyBrewster (1518) - Chicago, Illinois, USA - NOV 20, 2011
UPDATED: NOV 28, 2011 Can. Pours light pale yellow. Aroma is basic pale malts straw. Flavor is actually worse, awful grainy straw character, Pretty awful

Hair6a11 (1481) - Illinois, USA - NOV 18, 2011
Can : Pour is light clear golden with a modest white head in this glass - the nose is really sweet, with some spent grains. The initial was absolutely fucking hideous - but it grows a bit on you in terms of being tolerable. This brew is boozy, ridiculously sweet, with some grains - adjunct. I hope they tear down your statue, Frank, for this monstrosity ;)

mattyb83 (737) - Minnesota, USA - NOV 12, 2011
Before I took a look at the listing on this site I sat looking at this beer, thinking, "that looks pretty damn nice." Clear, golden color with a small white head. Nice look with little bubbles rising to the surface before popping. Sweet aroma with loads of corn, bread, and some light fruit character. Huh... not bad to be honest. Taste is bread and tin. Now i get how this is malt liquor. Thin body, that is just bland as far as the flavor is going. Thank you Frank Thomas for being an amazing baseball player who likely didn’t juice. Signed, Twins fan.