overall
Serve in Shaker, Weizen

RATINGS: 456   WEIGHTED AVG: 2.91/5   IBU: 35   EST. CALORIES: 150   ABV: 5%
Trout Slayer is a filtered wheat ale, fermented at cool temperatures, making it a smooth drinkable session beer. Brewed with Palisade, Glacier, and Mt. Hood hops, this straw colored beer is sure to please any craft beer drinker.
SRM 5

miyauchi38 (1096) - chicago, Illinois, USA - JUL 22, 2015
ウイートビー&# 白の飲みやす&

tia (2228) - Sandston, Virginia, USA - JUL 16, 2015
Bottle. I think this has been dwelling in my fridge way past its ideal drink-by date. So, there’s that. Smell is overly sweet malts, cooked veg, and really sweet fruit. Pretty looking, though with a nice clear dark golden color and decent white head. Taste is out of kilter. Too sweet then a sharp bang of hops. Light hop finish. If I ever run across this fresher, I’ll give it another go

Dlav29 (5) - Frankfort, Illinois, USA - JUL 13, 2015 does not count
Refreshing wheat ale. Some mild, grassy characteristics. The aroma of the beer gave me a great first impression of the beer, but it was lacking with flavor in my opinon. Overall, a refreshing mediocre wheat ale.

GreatDane1632 (1169) - North Dakota, USA - JUL 5, 2015
Rated based on notes taken 19 April 2013 -- This beer, it’s ok. Not that great overall.

ogre71 (359) - Utah, USA - JUL 4, 2015
An excellent wheat ale very drinkable just what I expect from a wheat beer. Pours a nice hazy creamy color. Would recommend.

bartzluke (598) - Oklahoma, USA - APR 30, 2015
12oz from refrigerated bottle into a shaker pint. Moderate pours a pleasant one-finger white head with moderate retention and decent lacing. Golden and clear with moderate carbonation. Nose is fairly weak. Wheaty. Moderate body. Appropriate for style. Taste is very straight forward. Moderate bitterness with a wheat and malty taste. Not too much going on, but an alright hot-day beer, I’d say.

Finhead (1792) - OFallon, Illinois, USA - APR 28, 2015
Clear, golden pour with a frothy, white head. The aroma has wheat and some mild, grassy hops. It has a light body with smooth texture and average carbonation. The taste is slightly sweet with a dry finish.

jkm (235) - AUSTRALIA - APR 13, 2015
Bottle. Aroma of malted wheat, and some citrus. Pours pale straw yellow with a thin white head. A hint of grassy hops on the palate. Medium bodied with high carbonation. Smooth and quite drinkable, though nothing special.

Capa (3391) - Kitsap, Washington, USA - MAR 30, 2015
Not a lot going on. I feel like this is barely more than a blonde ale. A hint of spice and a little wheat. Quite refreshing, which is it’s redeeming factor.

MetalNHopHead (2123) - Lincoln, Nebraska, USA - FEB 24, 2015
It’s always oddly rewarding to drink refreshing wheat ales in the cold months, so I couldn’t resist the urge to crack into trout slayer. I must say, in more appropriate weather, Trout Slayer might be a god send. It’s an approachable thirst quencher with a fair amount of hop character. I liked the pale yellow color, the spicy aroma, and the somewhat creamy mouthfeel. In all though, I wished Trout Slayer was headier and more flavorful. Still, this is a sweet, smooth wheat ale. Though it did not slay my trout, it certainly gave it a nice tickle. That has to be the weirdest euphemism I’ve ever given on this site.