overall
RATINGS: 15   MEAN: 3.6/5.0   WEIGHTED AVG: 3.47/5   IBU: 43   EST. CALORIES: 159   ABV: 5.3%
We could geek out on hops all day here at Bike Dog, but you donít have to be a hop expert to appreciate our beers. You donít need to know that the Mosaic hop is the rising star of the craft beer scene, injecting beers with muscular aromas and complex stone fruit, pine and citrus flavors. Itís not important for you to know about the high oil content or low cohumulone of the Mosaic hop Ė thatís our job. All you need to know is that Mosaic hops make our beers even more awesome, like this straw-colored, hop candy pale ale.

Sledutah (7484) - Utah, USA - APR 17, 2017
22oz bottle picked up at Whole Foods in Berkeley
Pours cloudy golden with a medium sized off-white head, some lacing. Aroma is dank, grapefruit and citrus. Flavor of grapefruit, grassy, oranges and citrus zest
Good stuff

bb (9241) - Alamo, California, USA - AUG 26, 2016
Bottle. Amber beer with a cream head. Tropical fruit aroma. Tropical fruit and grapefruit flavor with light over-ripe fruit. Medium bodied. tropical fruit and grapefruit lingers with earth and over-ripe fruit.

Zymurgeist2 (2179) - Redwood City, California, USA - MAY 24, 2016
From bomber to pint glass. Complex nose of tropical fruit and cracker malt blended nicely. Clear golden with sustained white head. Taste was bright tropical fruits in overt amounts. Tasty.

beertholomeus (1813) - California, USA - APR 16, 2016
Pours a pale golden yellow color with a white head. Floral, grapefruit, pineapple, onion, garlic, dank hop and biscuit aroma and flavors. Medium light body and average carbonation. Floral, onion and garlic finish.

kaser (6209) - Chicago, Illinois, USA - MAR 2, 2016
Orange pour from 22oz bottle at home. White head. Vanilla and tropical fruit aroma. Fruity, mild hops, very pleasant pale ale. Tasty brew

j12601 (10868) - Poughkeepsie, New York, USA - FEB 15, 2016
On tap at the brewery. Pours a clear gold with a thin white head. Sweet caramel with a hint of caramelized onion, pineapple, citrus on the nose. Medium-bodied, soft citrus, a touch of caramel, a bit of lemongrass. Musk into the finish, citrus, soft lemon and grapefruit pith.

brokensail (16432) - Dublin, California, USA - OCT 27, 2015
On tap @ Beer Revolution. Hazed orange pour with a white head. Really popcorn heavy. Like, bad. Lots of grass, a touch of grass, some orange rind, and bread. Pretty dry and bitter. I guess being dry is good, at least. Pretty heavy straw, too. A little but watery, too. Meh.

lightbias (453) - USA - OCT 7, 2015
Bike Dog Brewing in West Sacramento, California is small, but mighty and growing fast in the area. I had an opportunity to visit them when I was in Sacramento but did not include their Mosaic in the flight I ordered. There were so many other brews to choose from and you can only take so many hops in a session without having them destroy one another. This one I brought home in a bottle. Smart girl. Ė I peel the cap and reveal a heady, earthy, orange aroma buoyed by dank spruce. The pour is baked apricots in color, the head minimal, thick, but soapy and about half a finger deep. The aroma, as I bring the glass closer, is dank, fruity, and the first swallow reveals the striking bitterness of the hops. I draw the beer through my mouth, filling it with the cool liquid, the bitterness almost canceling the freshness and burying my taste buds. I wait. I started out at 43 degrees with this beer, but it opens up at 52 and the experience is complete at just that temperature. Not too cold folks, it kills the flavor. - Now Iím finding the gustatory enjoyment in this and as I exhale, that fruity spruce comes full circle. Breathe in, breathe out...the flavors and aroma are now winding their way consistently over my palate and although this certainly isnít drinking like a pale, it is very flavorful now that Iíve found the right groove for it. The light body and congruous carbonation carry the flavors well, and although the bite on my tongue is a touch flat, it stings my gums and eats seductively at the tip of my tongue, the insides of my lips and the back of my throat. - The finish is dry, bitter and the flavor fades quickly, leaving my mouth to wonder what the hell just happened. The abuse is unexpected, this pale ale treating me so differently than the others, but Iím forgiving, and I seem to only want to go back for more. Thanks to @twopointninebeer for the gracious introduction.

joeneugs (6371) - Livermore, California, USA - AUG 21, 2015
On draft at Tap 25. It pours a light pale gold color with a white head. The aroma is strong with dank, herbals, onion, earth and fruit. The flavor is the same. Dank, onion, spicy, earthy with some orange fruit in the background. Pretty tasty.

bytemesis (8209) - Sunnyvale, California, USA - JUN 20, 2015
Tap. Pours hazy pale Amber, medium creamy beige head, nice lacing. Aroma is really solid, dank, tropical, a bit sweaty, mango, passionfruit, pine. Flavor follows, light sweet, light bitter, dank, tropical and fruity, not watery. Not harsh. Medium light body. Solid offering from Bike Dog.