overall
Brewed by Heineken Italia
Style: Doppelbock
Milano, Italy

RATINGS: 996   WEIGHTED AVG: 3.26/5   EST. CALORIES: 216   ABV: 7.2%
Birra Moretti La Rossa is a double bock beer produced using high quality 100% malted barley, giving it a rich sweet taste and an intense fragrance of roasted malt. The amber colour that characterizes the beer, comes from kind of malt used in the recipe (malt is dried, roasted barley). Another key ingredients is hops, the variety used is particularly aromatic, giving a characteristic bitter aftertaste and a delicate fragrance to the beer. The Master Brewers advise a service temperature between 10° and 12° C.
17.3°

DeLaFe (1) - New York, New York, USA - MAR 4, 2012 does not count
An incredible beer with a nice body and rich flavor. A pleasant surprise and has become one of my favorite beers.

mikeben (355) - Naperville, Illinois, USA - SEP 26, 2004
This is far and away the best Italian beer I ever had. It has a nice rich body and a complex slightly sweet flavor. A hearty brew without the atendent bitterness. Italy’s Guiness

brg898s (8) - Springfield, Missouri, USA - APR 20, 2006 does not count
This is an excellent beer. It has a wonderful aroma and somewhat fruity flavor, and is slightly heavy although drinkable. Nice dinner beer.

Raytailgater (105) - Rockledge, Pennsylvania, USA - MAR 10, 2002
Good strong tasting beer. I’d go again......................................

dwyerpg (6230) - Las Vegas, Nevada, USA - JUN 27, 2005
This may in fact be my first straight bock to have rated. A fine-looking brew, the head is full of the same chocalaty-caramelness the beer has. Really a great beer. In fact, probably the first Italian beer I’ve had that I’ve rated highly at all.

radagast83 (8141) - Arlington, Virginia, USA - SEP 3, 2005
UPDATED: OCT 6, 2005 Was unsure about this at first, but soon after finishing my first one I was sold. As others have said, it has a very hoppy taste. Nice finish.

Onslow (1511) - Kalamazoo, Michigan, USA - DEC 22, 2010
Pour from a 12 oz bottle. Darker amber brew with almost no head, and what is there fades quickly. very sweet, carmelly, malty aroma. Great taste with a rich, complex maltiness - caramel and toasted malts combined with a hint of molasses - offset by an outstanding but restrained hoppy bitter finish. Full bodied but very refreshing. Really classic, really well balanced, really fine. Palate is satisfying but still lively. Decent ABV is the icing on the cake. I wish I could remember where and when I bought this 6 pack, but I will be watching for more. First rate brew.

gerdy555 (163) - Ohio, USA - MAR 5, 2002
i work at a pizzaria in cinncinnati called LaRosa’s they need to have this stuff. its good and after four so was i

ToadMan (559) - Washington, Washington DC, USA - JUL 27, 2002
Strong sweet malty aroma, nice dark color with a good head that died too quick. The taste is sweet carmel, lots of malt, slightly bitter, very smooth. I enjoy this very much.

crazyvin (2026) - New York, USA - JAN 3, 2003
I was really impressed with this beer. Its aroma had a strong hint of caramel, and a decent hoppy taste.