overall
RATINGS: 549   WEIGHTED AVG: 3.44/5   IBU: 20   EST. CALORIES: 150   ABV: 5%
A richly textured and roasty stout with a boost of bitter and charismatic flavor from the addition of fine dutch cocoa in the mash.
Current advertising is 5% ABV

Andrew196 (2014) - Katy, Texas, USA - MAY 31, 2002
One of the darkest beers I have ever seen. Looked like (slightly) watered down hershey's syrup. Head looked like a chocolate milkshake. I didnt like the first sip, it was just plain burnt milk choclate, but once the hops came out in the second sip I was impressed. The best part of the beer is post swallow, I feel like there is a film of cocoa powder on my tongue. By no means a Youngs, but a very nice quaffer.

jocmaff (1) - California, USA - APR 4, 2002 does not count
This is by far the best brew I have ever had. I absolutely love this beer...

ultraspank (867) - Alverca, Lisboa, PORTUGAL - MAR 31, 2002
The Easter Bunny left a few of these in my basket, because I've been a good boy this year. Seriously, this came in my beer of the month shipment last week, and I saved em for today. This brew pours like 10W40. It is a dark muddy black. The generous rocky brown head left big hunks of foam on the side of my glass, and lasted to my last swallow. The bold nose speaks of toasted grain, caramel, drk chocolate, strong coffee, and cookies. Perfume and flowers, earth, smoke and alcohol provide balance. The rich toasty chocolate flavor is very sweet and flowery. It is slightly unbalanced but solid. The light alcoholic finish is average to long. The full syrupy chewy palate matches the taste and has lovely soft carbonation. Thanks Bison Brewing for making my Easter Happy!

TAR (2793) - Blue Ridge Mountains, North Carolina, USA - JAN 10, 2002
Aroma is concocted of hops and chocolate. Flavor profile varies with different degrees of chocolate throughout. My mouth ws numbed by the piney hops, in the start. The rest is bitter, dry chocolate. Chocolate coated the mouth as if I just got done eating homemade cocoa straight from the pan. A winner beer this is! Good choice Gus!

VENOM (941) - Connecticut, USA - JAN 1, 2002
Black as night with a dark brown head that sustains itself. Aroma of chocolate malts dipped in Cascades hops. Lushly chocolately with a biting piney hop snap. Thick body loaded with bittersweet Bakers chocolate, which tends to overwhelm the palate of any other flavors. Good points for nice hop burps. Thanks AZ.

booyaatribe (453) - Chicago, Illinois, USA - AUG 6, 2001
.................... .................. ........

joet (2672) - Wilsonville, Oregon, USA - JUN 9, 2001
A little empty at the back of the tongue for a chocolate. Bison is an amazing, inventive brewery.