overall
RATINGS: 175   WEIGHTED AVG: 3.14/5   IBU: 12   EST. CALORIES: 180   ABV: 6%
Before brewing our classic summer ale, we went to the certified organic farmer’s market to go shopping. The fresh basil is from Watanabe Farms in West Sacramento and the Honey is from Britt’s Honey, two California artisanal producers. This brew is subtle and refreshing. Starting in 2012, Honey Basil Ale will be a year round offering in 4 packs.

dwyerpg (6188) - Las Vegas, Nevada, USA - APR 22, 2013
Smells quite strongly of honey and has a fairly strong resemblance to honey as well. This was pretty good actually. The sweetness of the honey is there and while I can’t identify basil distinctly, the herb-like characters are enough to put a bit of an edge on the sweetness. Nice.

Caytinator (1005) - Waco, Texas, USA - MAR 22, 2013
Bold copper color, I get gingerbread and honey in the aroma. I can taste both the honey and the basil, but it’s weird to be sure. Not undrinkable, kind of a conversation piece of a beer. Incredibly herbal, more than any other taste. I wouldn’t buy it again.

EKGoldings (664) - Radford, Virginia, USA - FEB 2, 2013
I like honey and I like basil, but I don’t like this beer. I didn’t get a lot of basil but I did get the honey taste. After about 1/3 bottle I used the rest in a soup.

Metalchopz (3395) - Cantley, Quebec, CANADA - JAN 24, 2013
Brought back from Vegas by Lilihel. Pours a clean dark amber colour with an off-white head, good retention and thick lacing. Wow ! What a beautiful nose. Maybe because I am a big basil fan. Yes, basil smell with a little sweetness from the honey in the background. Hints of alcohol and ginger. The taste is not as sweet as expected with the organic malt forefront. Then, some lightly rusty hop. Can’t say I am a fan of the flavours though. Great original aromas and style !!

Unibonger (163) - Mount Shasta, California, USA - JAN 23, 2013
Pours a deep opaque copper with a tanish head that has excellent retention. Strong basil aroma with minor hints of malty sweetness. Starts off with a good spice on television tip of tequila tongue, transfers to full bore basil. Very smooth beer with some sugar type tackiness

leah2974 (453) - Georgia, USA - JAN 16, 2013
Orangey-amber color, clear and lighter bodied with a thinner head. Slight basil aroma but less noticeable on the tongue. Mild honey sweetness and overall balanced character.

scottw86 (1177) - Maryland, USA - JAN 10, 2013
Poured black with almost no head. Aroma is chocolate with a touch of honey. Taste is caramel, slightly acidic. Some honey. Overall its ok but nothing special.

BeerFunGuy (875) - California, USA - DEC 19, 2012
This copper brown beer with little head has not too much aroma. It has a mild sweetness and the basil flavor come though and matches the beer well. ---Rated via Beer Buddy for iPhone

cheap (5863) - Beaver Valley, Beaver County, Pennsylvania, USA - DEC 18, 2012
Yes, smell is sorta honey basilly. Darker than expected from a bottle. Nice quarter inch head. Taste is a little too much of some kinda herb, herb. YEs mild spices in there. I was expecting a form of mild beer but this don’t hide the alky well. More than I expected. Why was I expecting a mild wheat thing and then kicked in the jaw? Massive mixalot but not in an over the top way.

niftyplace (23) - North Carolina, USA - DEC 5, 2012
You pick up on the honey, but only enough to know its there- more like honeysuckle... the basil is there, adds a bit of spicy note, drinkable, but kind of leaves you wondering, why bother?