overall
Brewed by Bitburger Brauerei Th. Simon
Style: Pilsener
Bitburg, Germany

RATINGS: 1980   WEIGHTED AVG: 2.83/5   EST. CALORIES: 144   ABV: 4.8%
The classic Bitburger - a mature and most agreeable beer - is brewed with the best of ingredients in the same traditional way it has been for many, many years. The result is delicately tart and pleasantly bitter - with a strong hop taste.

jujubeast6000 (854) - Houston, Texas, USA - DEC 4, 2005
12oz bottle from 24 variety pack: fizzy, pale yellow in color, aroma of malts. Similar to the domestic fizzy yellow in apperance, aroma, taste. Dry dusty taste, bitter aftertaste.

1.2
Ayumbomb (63) - Asheville, North Carolina, USA - DEC 4, 2005
Never have I ever poured a beer down the drain because it was so unbearable, but this beer made me do it. A Milwaukee "Beast" Best might deserve comments like "It takes 3 or 4 of these before it tastes good," but this was a whole new ball game. The worst beer I have ever consumed, no lie!

Siroy (220) - Montreal, Quebec, CANADA - NOV 29, 2005
[Bottle 341 ml, served chilled, fresh, Blind tasting test with Mario D’Eer, dates are unknown] This was a Blind tasting test; I didn’t know what I was drinking.
This beer is sold in Quebec and i’ve had the chance to try it often. I tasted it as the SAQ Beer classes as well and my notes were exactly the same!

This is the best ’Classic German Pilsner’ I’ve had so far. Starts with malt, ends with hops. That’s it. True. This is a good beer to drink when you’re thirsty.
Of course, there is nothing special with that beer when you like strong ones. But you have to admit that compared to the style, this one is excellent.
Dispite all this, I cant rate it high since its boring overall compared to beers in general.

stubby (334) - Santee, California, USA - NOV 19, 2005
Probably the highest marks I would give this style. Very refreshing, and a great example of noble German hoppiness. I think I could beer bong this and enjoy it a lot more than coors light. Almost creamy as it warms. Lip-smackingly good.

Crit (4011) - Surrey, British Columbia, CANADA - NOV 14, 2005
Gold,white head.Light spicy hop nose. Sweet malt start, spicy hops in finish. Good body. A classic pils

darkko (99) - Kingsport, Tennessee, USA - NOV 11, 2005
Nice golden color. Aroma is metallic. Kind of like copper. Taste is also metallic but good. The finish is pretty bitter, just how I like it.

iammadeofjelly (194) - Liverpool, Merseyside, ENGLAND - NOV 10, 2005
not bad. I had it in a bottle in a pub but not bad, better than what they had on tap, oh yes grolsch and carling, what wonderful beers they are, retch. Nice and cold its was a nice pilsner.

Fish (440) - Vancouver, British Columbia, CANADA - NOV 9, 2005
Smells kinda like meat sweat. And I should know! Boy howdy! Do I ever get the meat sweats! Shooeee! Looks like a nice tall glass of carbonated urine. Uneven head dissipates quickly. Lots of bubbles though. Really light body. A touch of hops at the end gives way to sour aftertaste. Tastes kind of like mineral water, but more expensive and alcoholic.

RazingDreamz (123) - North Carolina, USA - NOV 9, 2005
Not bad pils. Yellowish color, adequate head, more malty than hoppy, but not too generous in either.

BeerMountie (117) - Placentia, Newfoundland, CANADA - NOV 9, 2005
500 ml can. Golden colour. Large white head that disminishes quickly, fair lacing. Better than average appearance. I liked the taste of this beer and would look for it again.