overall

RATINGS: 13   MEAN: 3.82/5.0   WEIGHTED AVG: 3.7/5   SEASONAL: Special   ABV: -

vector's rating

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 15/20
vector (163) - Dallas, Texas, USA - MAR 22, 2004
Orange in color. Aroma of pine and citrus. Tangy grapefruit flavor. Lots of cascade hops and bitterness.

DewBrewer (294) - Austin, Texas, USA - AUG 16, 2005
Special Cask. Hazy orange color and good carbonation for a cask--excellent! Great hop aroma and this batch is a bit more bitter. Awesome!! Delicious citrus flavors with a nice balance though with some malt coming through as it warms. Medium body with a nice bitter aftertaste. Thanks Brian & Shaun!

bu11zeye (13288) - Frisco (Dallas), Texas, USA - DEC 3, 2004
(Growler) Pours a light brown body with a small white head. Agressive citrus aroma. Hoppy flavor. Bitter finish.

Nuffield (4252) - Roseville, Minnesota, USA - NOV 23, 2004
Aroma is 100% hops. Really, there is nothing there other than the hops, and it is not even a hop variety that I care for very much. Similarly there is no balance in the flavor. The palate is driven by bitterness with a bit of carbonation. A real "take it or leave it" beer for the hop heads.

Kevin (2218) - Montana, USA - NOV 22, 2004
cloudy light brown with a minimal white head. Strong hop aroma, very strong grapefruit citrus. Woo, this is hoppy. finish that leaves me thirsty for more. malt is there but hidden, this is a 2XIPA in disguise.

Lumpy (1802) - Carrollton, Texas, USA - NOV 21, 2004
Grwoler. This reminded me alot of Stone IPA. Very rich, floral hoppy nose that dominates the nose and taste. Quite well done. I would enjoy one of these anyday.

PorterPounder (8396) - Tallahassee, Florida, USA - NOV 15, 2004
Had on tap at the Bitter End in Austin. Murky, slightly dark orange appearance with a spongey, sticky white head with good lacing. Fresh floral aroma, like a bouquet of flowers. Ubiqutous onslaught of west coast hops, but not unwelcome or overblown. Done up nicely with some underlying nutty notes underlying the fruity citrusy notes. Not tongue numbing at all. Mouthfeel, thick enough with some creaminess. A winner from Bitter End.

legion242 (2348) - Richardson, Texas, USA - JUL 27, 2004
Deep orange colored; minimal head; nose was mild yet dominant? Very agressive hops- I get a ton of Cascades in my pie hole.

JorisPPattyn (10138) - BELGIUM - JUN 8, 2004
Thick, yellowish, very even head, fine lace; hazy orange beer. Immediate punch of citrussy, pink grapefruit hops. Hopoil just jumps out the glass - but serve this to somebody blindfolded as a new grapefruit drink, he’ll go along. Tangy, piney, turpentine-like hop - both taste, flavour and mouthfeel. Flavour of sweet yellow grapes, splashed over with the hopbitterbrush. Raisincookies. Mouthfeel is thé spot of difference with the W.C.-IPA’s; it’s much less packed with malts underneath. It could do with some more beef on the bones, but it’s not meagre for that. Long burning aftertaste at the tonguesides. It’s a great IPA. It just looses some points on mouthfeel - and on distinctiveness. From the few B.-E. beers I’ve had it’s the most unidimensional. More thanks to my generous Texan providers.

fly (1487) - austin, Tejas, Texas, USA - MAY 25, 2004
It tastezzz mighty GOOD. Praises be to Tim and Brian. Raise a glass and let the hop fest begin!

grat (432) - ST. Louis, Missouri, USA - MAY 15, 2004
UPDATED: SEP 8, 2005 This IPA changed my existence. I had this on Cask (I watched Tim the brewmaster Tap it at the Texas Brewcafter’s festival). Incredible. There were visible hops in my glass as well as a healthy dose of yeasty love. Smells Subtle. Tim informed me that it the bittering hops were amarillo’s. Thus it was very citrucy and grapefruity. However on the back end it was gently floraly and aromatic. I had three of these at the festival, which means I spent like 8 dollars on tiny little half pints. This beer on cask was literally like having Valhalla in my mouth. I couldn’t stop drinking it. Great malt backbone. not just hoppy colored water. The malt really set the stage for the hops. Unbelievable brew!!!! G-rat!!�