overall
RATINGS: 59   WEIGHTED AVG: 3.33/5   EST. CALORIES: 168   ABV: 5.6%
Gold Medal for Oatmeal Stout @ 2001 GABF

DarkMagus (537) - San Diego, California, USA - FEB 19, 2008
On tap at BJ’s in Cupertino, CA. Poured (obviously) a dark blackish brown color, but with very little head. Aromas were lightly sweet and roasty, but not much of anything really. Flavors were unsurprisingly roasty/malty with a very slight hint of sweetness. Nothing to crazy to report. Medium-to-thin bodied, lightly carbonated... maybe this was not the ideal pour...

UselessGdTaste (365) - Long Beach, California, USA - FEB 24, 2008
Not too bad, but not as stout as I thought stout should have been. About all I can say is that it was quite creamy. Drinkable, but I am not a fan.

jlf278 (288) - Hoboken, New Jersey, USA - AUG 26, 2008
On tap at BJ’s Cupertino. This one seemed like it’d be such a treat. I love oatmeal stouts, but it was just awkwardly sweet and acidic. I couldn’t get into it even for the 5 oz. taster. It wasn’t a drainpour or anything, just not my kind of stout. Maybe I should have tried it at room temp. as someone here suggests.

POD (198) - USA - JUN 9, 2007
On draft at brewhouse. Served ice cold with no head. Nice full aroma of oats. Flavor was biting bitter while the brew was cold. As it warmed the flavors mellowed out. Coffee, caramel and plenty of oats were the prominent flavors. Finish was bitter and more oats. Enjoyable. I’d drink it again.

Sombeast (151) - Pewaukee, Wisconsin, USA - FEB 7, 2007
On tap at BJ’s Arcadia. Little head. Dark brew, nice roasty aroma. Strong roasted malt flavor, some residual mild bitterness. Smooth, but not as smooth as some oatmeal stouts.

DoubleBubble (107) - Mescal Lakes (wherever that is), Arizona, USA - MAR 3, 2008
Pours a deep brown with a fine tan head. Very little lacing. Aroma of coffee and dark chocolate, with roasted malts. Flavors of basically the same. A little bitter. A decent somewhat smooth beer, but not as smooth as most oatmeal stouts.

jedimasternick (96) - Tucson, Arizona, USA - JAN 2, 2009
If you like oatmeal stouts then this one will not disappoint. Strong aroma of malted heavenly chocolate mixed with a light oatiness. Order it first before spoilng your palate with their others choices.

cgort (56) - San Clemente, California, USA - MAR 19, 2008
poured black but had no head (dirty glass?). sweet scents of oats mixed with bitter coffee. taste sweetish with coffee and roasted malt. Again... the beer was freezing and probably a lot better when served correctly.

MTNMAN509 (14) - Goleta, California, USA - FEB 6, 2003
this was quite a dissapointing stout to me, I wasnt too impressed with this one. It doesnt really hit your palate and please you that much. I like my stouts witha thick head, and this one lacks that.