overall
Style: Baltic Porter
Witnica, Poland

RATINGS: 508   WEIGHTED AVG: 3.5/5   EST. CALORIES: 282   ABV: 9.4%

Trooper11 (468) - Suffolk, Virginia, USA - DEC 6, 2007
nice looking dark brown brew with foamy light brown head. lots of carbonation present on glass. Strong dark fruity aroma cherry notes dominate. Heavy body, malty sweet, nutty notes, dry and bitter. High alcohol but not apparent. Great taste. Nice warmth.

LtJudge (468) - Muskego, Wisconsin, USA - APR 27, 2008
Pours a dark brown color with a small head. Aromas of sweet malt and molasses. Flavor is of roasted malts with heavy molasses flavor. Seems too sweet for the style.Not bad though.

baobubba (454) - Starkville, Mississippi, USA - JAN 15, 2005
Dark brown with a fairly tall white head. Really sticky aroma; lots of caramel aromas strongly backed by roasted malts with a tinge of sourness on the nose. Quite sweet with a roasted finish. Good brew and relatively inexpensive.

MrPickles (438) - Waunakee, Wisconsin, USA - JUN 26, 2009
So I have to admit, this was recommended to me by a guy at the grocery store that looked like he had already had one too many. “It’s 9.4%, a big 500ml bottle, and only $1.99! If you like porters you can’t go wrong.” You know I am glad that I gave him a listen, because I don’t know if I would have tried it on my own. Now I have tried it a few times. The alcohol really shines through here, making this a good one to wind down the night. All of the traditional porter flavors are here, although this one goes heavy on the sweetness, which is a plus for me.

badbeer (434) - Iowa, USA - AUG 18, 2007
Pours out very dark brown, almost black. Off-white colored head that leaves small amounts of spotty lacing. In the smell I get molasses, sweet caramel, toffee, a bit of nuttiness, licorice, and just a small amount of roastiness. Taste has much of the same elements as the nose, but has a very nice creamy, yet at the same time soft, roasty finish. Soft carbonation, about medium levels with a luscious full body to back it up. This is 9.4%? I didn’t get an alcohol burn or unpleasant alcohol in any way; this is just a very well made porter that I intend on getting much more of.

doboy (424) - Morehead City, North Carolina, USA - OCT 1, 2010
Not a bad porter, maybe a little too thick. Pours black with a light tan head that clings to the side before disipating. Aroma is that of dark malt and a hint of alcohol. taste is all dark malt and alcohol. Coffee overtones. Aftertaste lingers and is nice.

fatty (363) - Perkiomenville, Pennsylvania, USA - APR 21, 2006
See through dark caramal brown with thin bubbly head. Aroma is sweet chocolate. Flavor is chocolate, sweet cocoa. Palate is smooth.

Veer (362) - Landskrona, SWEDEN - SEP 28, 2005
UPDATED: OCT 8, 2005 Cherry black, extremely small yellowish white head. Smells of raisins, alcohol, malt and smoke. Is this raisin-ale? Extremely sweet, some bitterness. Quite good. Simple, fresh and slimy.

tysongillmore (362) - Tucson, Arizona, USA - NOV 21, 2015
I didn't take any extra notes when I tried this beer for the first time but I'm gonna try it again and update my comments. ---Rated via Beer Buddy for iPhone

jacobwennbom (357) - Uppsala, SWEDEN - APR 20, 2007
Black like the name teills you. Chocolate and coffee (as expected). Some acidity but more than that I wouold say sweetness. The alcohol comes through but never too much. The only real downside is that it felt a little bit thin.