overall
RATINGS: 27   MEAN: 3.71/5.0   WEIGHTED AVG: 3.61/5   EST. CALORIES: 216   ABV: 7.2%
Black Husky Pale Ale, one of our flagship beers, is a beer withy of the Black Husky, Howler. Brewed with two-row barley and Munich malt, there are a few hop additions, most notably dry hopping with Simcoe. A crisp beer with floral hop flavor and grapefruit aroma.

crossovert (14038) - Chicago, Illinois, USA - JAN 12, 2013
Draft. A freaking amazing "pale ale" IPA. Just rocks yo uwith hops, mainly simcoe in the aroma, and has a delicate malt backing. Way too easy to drink for the abv.

kkleu357 (640) - Madison, Wisconsin, USA - JAN 15, 2015
Poured with a plentiful head and a darker orange cloudy body. Sweet malty floral aroma with hints of citrus. Sweet caramel taste with a good amount of citrus flora hop taste. Very balanced.

Skyview (6099) - Papoose Jct, Minnesota, USA - JUN 21, 2010
Sampled on draught at the 2010 Great Northern Beer Festival in Eagle River, Wisconsin. Pours a semi-hazy golden pale amber colored brew with a thick and rocky off-white head that slowly dissipates to a cream top and nice lacing. Aroma of piney and grapefruity hops, some light caramel malt and a hint of earthy spice. Kind of like being next to a hop strainer at my local brewery. Taste is where the Simcoe hops really shine. Medium bodied, peppery with a touch of caramel malt and grapefruit. Finish is pushing into an IPA profile category. A quick sharp bitterness and then a mild malt aftertaste that slowly disappears. I can see this one will easily become their flagship product. One of my two favorites of the festival.

DuffMan (10732) - the land of bitumen, beef & beer, Alberta, CANADA - OCT 25, 2013
On tap @ the Über Tap Room in the Wisconsin Cheese Shop, Milwaukee. Deep orange-kissed gold. Smells like a pine forest! So fresh and fragrant, heaps of pine, light resin, long bitterness. One of the best onthe list, and one of two beers I ordered a full pint following the taster. Superb.

TXBadger (2811) - Dallas, Texas, USA - JUL 25, 2014
Pours a slightly hazy copper color with white head. Pine, floral notes, and strong grapefruit on the nose; follows onto the palate. Finishes with a little pepper and malt. Interesting, but really good.

mrjaxson (624) - .08 Junction, Wisconsin, USA - JAN 9, 2016
Enormously earthy, as in I believe the citrus trees, grass, topsoil, clay and earthworms are all in the mix. A delight and so glad to have found it on tap while sitting at a window-side seat in a Milwaukee restaurant where, I’m not making this up, a beautiful husky dog was walked by twice during our meal.

edwardbass (861) - Illinois, USA - APR 30, 2014
On tap at Uber Tap Room in Milwaukee. I’m glad I decided to try this one, because I really enjoyed it. Very well balanced with plenty of citrus hops to my liking. I’d have it again if the opportunity presented itself.

wlajwl (7129) - Quad Cities, Iowa, USA - MAR 6, 2015
Aroma is spice and light pine/heat. The flavor is fruit, unique citrus, malts and a mildly tart finish.

ThirstyBird (3012) - Berkhamsted, Hertfordshire, ENGLAND - OCT 19, 2015
On guest tap at their MKE Grafton location, pours a clear golden yellow with a creamy colored head. The smell is big simcoe hops with citrus and juicy fruit making my mouth water. The taste is juicy as the smell indicated, citrus a touch of pine ending crisp. Light with dancing carbonation. Glad to have tried this treat.