overall
Brewed by Black Oak Brewing
Style: American Pale Ale
Etobicoke, Canada

RATINGS: 166   WEIGHTED AVG: 3.2/5   EST. CALORIES: 150   ABV: 5%
This is our flagship beer. Medium body, beautiful golden colour, good mouth feel and a refreshing hop finish. We use six selected malts and five different kinds of premium hops. This recipe is secret, but the Pale Ale is very tasty and hoppy.

daboskabouter (1469) - Fergus, Ontario, CANADA - AUG 14, 2002
Golden color, white head. Faint hoppy aroma, some hay-like notes. Quite bitter, burnt hoppy finish. Not my cup of beer.

Volgon (2761) - Manchester, New Hampshire, USA - JUL 24, 2002
RateBeer Summer (Toronto) '02: Almost amber in color, a bit watery, ends crisp.

argo0 (14127) - Washington DC, USA - JUL 22, 2002
Good looking beer, deep golden body with nice head. Minimal cascade aroma, OK taste, nice bitter swallow. Not a stand out beer.

Schroppfy (2362) - Łódż, Warsaw, Poland; Michigan, Ohio, USA - JUL 22, 2002
I wanted to like it, I really did...but there was not much going on in my sample. And I love APAs. Aroma almost non-existent. Wonderful guys at the brewery gave us te run of the place...sorry we were 2 hrs late!

DougShoemaker (3146) - Toronto, Ontario, CANADA - JUN 15, 2002
Smells hoppy, amber colour. Great hops bitterness, a very good draught!.....

VENOM (941) - Connecticut, USA - FEB 7, 2002
Super clear light gold with suspended flecks (actually looks like fish food). Thin white head. Pale malt aroma, some citric hops and Fuggles as well. Interesting initial flavor, dominated by Fuggles. Medium bodied. Light but tasty malt balance, very light actually. Some citric rind bitterness as well. This may be one dimensional for a pale ale, but it's good.

Oakes (19550) - Vancouver, British Columbia, CANADA - JAN 17, 2002
The brewery says it shipped its first kegs in January, 2000. That's why I was drinking this in November 1999, right? Say what you want about the Winking Judge, but they get the new beers first. Anyway, this is quite hoppy, but quite lacking in malt balance. They should put it on cask, too.

omhper (26039) - Tyresö, SWEDEN - JAN 9, 2002
Deep golden coloured. Sweetish, medium bodied, bitter. Good beer, but perhaps unexciting.

Bov (13456) - Bienne, SWITZERLAND - MAY 28, 2001
deep orange colour, few head, apricot aroma, fresh, nutty, smooth, dry aftertaste