RATINGS: 233   WEIGHTED AVG: 1.79/5   EST. CALORIES: 147   ABV: 4.89%
Blatz beer is everything Val Blatz himself was - bold, determined, innovative, and new to the country. Blatz still retains its heritage of fine American beer made with German craftsmanship. Brewed with the finest six row barley our country can grow, Blatz marries old world Gumeiklekeit with new world creativity. Next time the barkeep asks what brand you want, ask for Milwaukee’s Finest Beer - Blatz!

lil-dabz99's rating

0.8
   AROMA 2/10   APPEARANCE 1/5   TASTE 2/10   PALATE 1/5   OVERALL 2/20
lil-dabz99 (54) - Lake Linden, Michigan, USA - MAR 17, 2001
I drank two of ’em and got the Blatz splatz. I thought I was going to run out of toilet paper. That should say it all!!

mlbailey2 (1) - Indiana, USA - MAY 30, 2017 does not count
I know beer snobs are going to beat up on Blatz...I’m a microbrewer who sometimes like to sit down and drink the heck out of some vintage beer, and without a doubt this is my go-to! Blatz is the first beer my dad ever let me sip, and I’ve been chasing that flavor like Captain Ahab ever since. I can’t get it where we live so whenever we go to Wisconsin I load up...I guess you could claim I’m a Blatz smuggler! Anyways...try one, and cheers!

StoutBeerReviews (148) - Kenosha, Wisconsin, USA - MAY 28, 2017
I was suppppeerrr freakn stoked to see this at my local store. I was kinda hoping for something a bit more tho unfortunately. I dont really even know why tho. Fun vintage beer, you look cool drinking but that’s about it

Ronritter (729) - Blaine, Minnesota, USA - DEC 23, 2016
Cut and paste all these mass produced beers would have a hard time telling any of them apart

JStax (6502) - Devola/Marietta, Ohio, USA - JUL 30, 2016
Can pour. Clear pale yellow, fizzy white head. Corny and grainy. Sweet. High carbonation and light body.

0.7
Msdrbeat (780) - East Lansing, USA - APR 17, 2016
Canned at Tin Can. Kind of awful white head. Overly wheat taste. Barely tolerable.

johnnymusky (983) - Minnesota, USA - MAR 24, 2016
For some reason this is now tough to find...the taste is better than most of the crappy corn grain beers..first beer i ever drank!

malkyore (377) - - MAR 7, 2016
In the venerable (albeit unrelated....) words of someone I’ve Internet stalked for years Holy Hammster. Here we have the pinnacle of beers. If you want something that’ll make your liver twitch and something whatever else (or not) better go with blatz or don’t even go at all.

---Rated via Beer Buddy for Android

Krej (224) - USA - MAR 7, 2016
The elucid blatz... Never thought I’d get this. Tastes like beer from the heavens. Probably one of the best beers around

---Rated via Beer Buddy for Android

Vir4030 (603) - Chicago, Illinois, USA - OCT 23, 2015
The aroma is very neutral. It doesn’t distract you from drinking a lot of them. It’s like angels came down from the heavens and designed something and put it on a can, and the beer itself looks good. I mean, I can drink a lot of them. What else do you need to know about taste? It’s smooth. It’s watery. And don’t forget it gets ya fucked up. You or whatever. Overall, try to find a better beer. - Guest review by "Blatz".

CanIHave4Beers (4184) - Pouring Bus, Iowa, USA - OCT 18, 2015
I’m really finding it amazing that I have yet to rate all these Pale Lagers that I’ve had a million times, but somehow still have 100+ Pale Lager ticks.
Lucky thing I got dropped this 30 pack of assorted canned Pale Lagers recently.
Pours a pale straw color with a big fluffy white head that sinks away to a wispy lil thang within a good 3/4 of a minute.

The aroma is a touch metallic, certainly rice heavy, yeasty & doughy, with a mild herbal hop presence.

The flavor is a little sweet, maybe a touch corny but (rice or no rice) it has a distinct ricey character. There is a nice bit of crisp pale malt here and a little bit of herbal hop character. The beer has a bit of ciderey-ness to it... but it’s certainly more like fermented cider than straight up apples.

A little thin on the palate, but certainly nicely carbonated.

I actually loved this out of bottles back in the day, not sure if that’s even a thing anymore.