RATINGS: 214   WEIGHTED AVG: 1.8/5   EST. CALORIES: 147   ABV: 4.89%
Blatz beer is everything Val Blatz himself was - bold, determined, innovative, and new to the country. Blatz still retains its heritage of fine American beer made with German craftsmanship. Brewed with the finest six row barley our country can grow, Blatz marries old world Gumeiklekeit with new world creativity. Next time the barkeep asks what brand you want, ask for Milwaukee’s Finest Beer - Blatz!

gerzm22's rating

1.2
   AROMA 1/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 3/10   PALATE 1/5   OVERALL 4/20
gerzm22 (107) - , Florida, USA - DEC 14, 2008
dry and carbonated not too good at all it has the cheap pale lager corn taste. definetly not the original formula

Bif (2309) - St. Charles, Missouri, USA - OCT 7, 2017
Can. Pours a clear pale golden color with a fair head and spot of lacing. Aroma grain and hint of malt sweetness. Taste of light malt sweetness and grain. Mild bitterness and fairly clean finish. Light body, smooth with no real redeeming value. Blast from the past...

deyholla (12021) - Minneapolis, Minnesota, USA - AUG 11, 2017
Bottle at the Old Fashioned. Pours a clear pale yellow with a white head that dissipates quickly to the edges. Aroma has lots of straw and hay with some bread and earthy corn backing. Flavor has straw and grains with earthy corn and bread backing.

jackl (8287) - Minneapolis, Minnesota, USA - AUG 11, 2017
Can. Gold pour with a small head. Nose is fair unengaging. Light roast. Creamed corn. Little else. Drinks quite sweet. Sugary cereal. Paper. Tired and flabby. Bright carb keeps things from being overly arduous.

mlbailey2 (1) - Indiana, USA - MAY 30, 2017 does not count
I know beer snobs are going to beat up on Blatz...I’m a microbrewer who sometimes like to sit down and drink the heck out of some vintage beer, and without a doubt this is my go-to! Blatz is the first beer my dad ever let me sip, and I’ve been chasing that flavor like Captain Ahab ever since. I can’t get it where we live so whenever we go to Wisconsin I load up...I guess you could claim I’m a Blatz smuggler! Anyways...try one, and cheers!

StoutBeerReviews (221) - Kenosha, Wisconsin, USA - MAY 28, 2017
I was suppppeerrr freakn stoked to see this at my local store. I was kinda hoping for something a bit more tho unfortunately. I dont really even know why tho. Fun vintage beer, you look cool drinking but that’s about it

Ronritter (874) - Blaine, Minnesota, USA - DEC 23, 2016
Cut and paste all these mass produced beers would have a hard time telling any of them apart

JStax (7125) - Devola/Marietta, Ohio, USA - JUL 30, 2016
Can pour. Clear pale yellow, fizzy white head. Corny and grainy. Sweet. High carbonation and light body.

0.7
Msdrbeat (780) - East Lansing, USA - APR 17, 2016
Canned at Tin Can. Kind of awful white head. Overly wheat taste. Barely tolerable.

johnnymusky (983) - Minnesota, USA - MAR 24, 2016
For some reason this is now tough to find...the taste is better than most of the crappy corn grain beers..first beer i ever drank!

malkyore (377) - - MAR 7, 2016
In the venerable (albeit unrelated....) words of someone I’ve Internet stalked for years Holy Hammster. Here we have the pinnacle of beers. If you want something that’ll make your liver twitch and something whatever else (or not) better go with blatz or don’t even go at all.

---Rated via Beer Buddy for Android