overall
Serve in Tulip

RATINGS: 78   WEIGHTED AVG: 3.71/5   SEASONAL: Special   IBU: 25   EST. CALORIES: 202   ABV: 6.75%
The first of our three part Saison series. Saison’s were traditionally brewed on farms in the French speaking region of Belgium for their workers. Ferme de La Ville or “City Farm 15” is brewed with Belgian Pilsner, malted wheat, and locally gathered honey. French Farmhouse yeast brings aromas of spice and earth. The body is light with complex flavors and a dry refreshing finish. 6.75%alc/vol 25 IBU’s

hopscotch (11322) - Vero Beach, Florida, USA - NOV 23, 2013
Bottle... Hazy golden ale with a minimal, fizzy, white head. The bouquet is woody, acidic and lightly funky. Light-bodied and astringent with stinging carbonation. The flavor is slightly tart and lemony, followed by a tangy, raspy, bone-dry finish. Bottle courtesy of landhoney!

harrymel (1551) - Spokane, Washington, USA - NOV 17, 2013
2012 vintage

It’s a clear gold with no evidence of carbonation (odd based on the oral experience). Smells of classic belgian yeast, some grain, some bit of metal, rice and flowers (I’m not a botanist). Flavor is yeast, sweet grains, a touch of corn, and a slight and subtle tartness on the finish. The mouthfeel is thin with exceptionally hi carb and a dry finish. As it warms, this beer is much better. Initially, it’s a standard, low excitement carb and as it warms, it becomes yummy.

changeup45 (1731) - Lake Mary, Florida, USA - NOV 11, 2013
Corked & caged bottle. An amber-golden color pours out with a thick initial khaki head that fades away quickly. Minimal spotty lacing. The aroma shows a mix of grapes, peach, dust, cheese, funk, and straw. There’s a crisp tartness to the flavors, with tropical fruity notes, wild flowers, weeds, and musty funk. Odd at times but delicate and velvety with a soft malt character. Prickly and slightly dry on the back end. I keep thinking I am picking up some raw honey flavor too but I don’t think so. I think it just contributes to some initial sweetness. This is a good beer but maybe not as amazing as I thought it might be.

Palme (4832) - Bergen, NORWAY - SEP 16, 2013
Sampled from a corked 0.75l bottle @ Top Hops (BA) Bottle Share. A honey colored cloudy little thing this with a medium sized off-white head. Some lacing down the glass. It has a really fresh and nice aroma that mainly contains of brett, grass and a spring aroma found when the first grass is being cut for the season. Quite lovely. It has a lively carbonation level and a oily mouthfeel. In the taste I get some traces of yeast, floral flowers and let there be no doubt, it there is lots of brett here. Really refreshing and really good! 15.06.2013

Bill Becker (1913) - Casper, Wyoming, USA - SEP 1, 2013
Bottle bought online from Bring On The Beer. 2013 Vintage, corked and caged.

A- a cloudy orange-straw colour, pulled straight from the fridge, there’s a glorious 3 finger head of foam. I bet the lacing is up there.

S- loads of spice, funk, and lemon with a heaping helping of candi sugar and honey. The aromas are dazzling my senses.

T- ahh...big funky notes with a wonderful level of tartness that almost makes me forget about the spicy and sweet goodness. Almost...I get lots of peppery notes and clove, big sweet notes from honey,ahh again. Aged in oak barrels, I do get a light woody flavour from time to time but for me, it’s on the light side. That lovely tartness just keeps on giving and giving and I’m taking all I can get!

M- fairly light bodied, perfect carbonation, and at 6% abv, this is superbly drinkable. And...the foam never gives in and yes, the lacing is top notch.

O- can I say....magnificent? I do believe I will. 2 new examples of the style I tried today and they both impressed the hell out of me in different ways. Both breweries need to be watched closely..

Steasy66 (1158) - Minnesota, USA - AUG 25, 2013
Apricot color with fizzy white head. Aroma has strong bubble gum and some floral notes. Flavor is odd. Almost medicinal.

Vanbrewver (9) - - AUG 15, 2013 does not count
Picked this up at Belmont Station as a recommendation from the staff. Great call! Aroma is tart strawberry, dry sour grape, wafts of malt. Pours a beautiful golden colour, with minimal head. Some lacing. Taste is exquisite. Some malt and sweetness up front followed immediately by a sharp dry cider finish. Medium-full body A complex beer from start to finish, very enjoyable.

hopwine (678) - brooklynzzzzz, New York, USA - AUG 11, 2013
Cloudy golden appearance. Flavor is sharp lemon, nectarines, orange, and light lingering tartness. A seriously beautiful, velvety saison with tons of fruity esters and an unusually complex malt bill.

BEENJAMIN (292) - Portland, Oregon, USA - AUG 6, 2013
Bottle - Hazey golden. Sour apple and mango meet the nose and remind me of sour patch candy. A strong acidity rides the whole way through with a nice earthy quality in a semi dry finish. I had it on draft and out of the bottle and I must say I prefer the bottle version better.

pdx76 (651) - Portland, Oregon, USA - AUG 4, 2013
On draught at block 15 - clear copper color - nice thick lacing. Nose of yeast, vinegar, and tart fruit. Taste of tart cherry, drinking vinegar. Has a dry, slight bitter finish. ---Rated via Beer Buddy for iPhone