RATINGS: 7   MEAN: 2.96/5.0   WEIGHTED AVG: 2.92/5   EST. CALORIES: 150   ABV: 5%
Altitude with an attitude! This beer is dry hopped with Cascade and Centennial hops to produce a medium body, crisp hop character and dry finish. Amber colored with a citrus, fruity hop aroma. 38 IBUs, 5.0% ABV

Most RecentTicked By

DrnkMcDermott (3096) - Downers Grove, Illinois, USA - JUL 30, 2008
Found my tasting notes from our Sept. 2000 Rt. 66 trip, at the suburban location. This is before I discovered beer rating sites, but I still wanted to note some impressions. I had the most notes on this one among the samplers I tried. "Coppery, despite lower IBUs; drier and crisper than the IPA. Okay, not enough for BJCP certification, but I wanted to give props for a place that I thought had good beer AND good food.
My rating will just be the 2.9-3.0 average score currently standing, and this is a placeholder for what I hope will be a return trip to the Land of Enchantment.

NephrenKa (27) - Ft. Collins, Colorado, USA - NOV 3, 2007
On tap at the brewpub, notes taken on a napkin. This beer was decidedly "not bad," but in no way did it impress me. With absolutely no head whatsoever, its color further bored me by resembling blood-tinged urine. The nose was modestly interesting, with strong citrus tones balancing out the sour/bitterness. The opening flavors were modestly fruity, with a stronger citrus character emerging in the middle. Aftertaste was pleasantly strong, with bitter hops fading gently on the back of the tongue. While the basic flavors in this beer are uninspiringly pleasant, drinking it unfortunately reminded me of sipping Sunny Delight spiked with cheap vodka. Also noteworthy; I saw very little carbonation in this beer, so Iím not sure how a little more fizz would have excited this otherwise dull drink.

MadMan (495) - Tempe, Arizona, USA - MAY 22, 2005
On tap at brewpub, notes taken on napkin during trip to NM. Light brown, no head. Major lace. Light hop aroma. Decent bitterness, balanced by malt. Average bitter finish, with a nice lingering hoppiness. Okay.

whaleman (2178) - North Wales, Pennsylvania, USA - JAN 27, 2005
Bright copper body with a faint off-white head. Aroma of citrus and pine with some specialty malt underneath. Malts lead in the flavor, unlike many pale ales. Touch of diacetyl and some astringency as if from burnt malt. A novel pale ale that breaks the mold a bit.

BeerLimey (2154) - California, USA - JUL 9, 2004
Clear reddish amber appearance. Fruity hop citrus aroma. Flavor is initially sweet lemony, turning citric with a slightly sharp bitterness in the finish. Typical APA.

Braudog (6675) - Yorktown, Virginia, USA - MAY 7, 2004
Reddish amber. Thin head. Crystal malt aroma. Caramel comes out in the flavor. Tart on the tongue.

Terminus (3679) - St. Louis, Missouri, USA - MAR 3, 2004
tap at brewpub good pale ale-great hoppy aroma and good,full body palate-high hop bitterness for a pale.