overall
RATINGS: 3223   WEIGHTED AVG: 2.97/5   EST. CALORIES: 162   ABV: 5.4%
"Belgian White Ale" (North America) / "North American Craft Beer" (UK)
Brewed with oats for creaminess and spiced with the perfect combination of orange peel and coriander.
An unfiltered wheat ale spiced in the Belgian tradition for an uncommonly smooth taste.
Gold medalist (white beer) at 1995 World Beer Championships, silver medalist (white beer) at 1996 and 1997 World Beer Championships. 171 calories per 12-ounce serving and 5.4% abv.
Editor’s Note: Much of this beer’s production now comes from the Molson brewery in Toronto. A small portion of Denver draught production comes from the SandLot brewery. Still other product may continue to hail from Golden. 7/19/08.

tiggmtl (4545) - East York, Ontario, CANADA - DEC 8, 2005
Biscuity malts, wheat and citrus character are all apparent in the aroma, but no real spiciness. Opaque, tan yellow body with a low off white head that recedes to ring. Citrus and wheat flavours are strong along with mild banana esters. Spiciness is subdued and mostly apparent on the tongue in the aftertaste. Very gassy medium body with strong, crisp, pointy carbonation. Seems like a decent American Wheat beer but a bit too dumbed down for a witbier. Sampled on tap at the Sandlot at Coors Field.

Likeburning (149) - Franklin, Tennessee, USA - DEC 8, 2005
UPDATED: MAR 22, 2006 Pours a yellow hazy color with a light head that dissipates quickly. A noticeable sweetness and citrus flavor. I like this beer, but I hate when it is served to me with an orange. Beer should never have any additives in my opinion.

GirlyBeer (190) - Old Orchard Beach, Maine, USA - DEC 7, 2005
On tap: Yeasty aroma, it was hard to see if it was clear or had a nice belgian white haze because it was served to me in a frosted pint glass. This beer started out okay, but towards the end I had a hard time finishing my pint, it had an odd flavor to it. Thin white head.

jujubeast6000 (854) - Houston, Texas, USA - DEC 6, 2005
On tap at BW-3s: Cloudy yellow-orange color, quickly diminishind off-white head, citrus spice aroma, (with orange slice added), very carbonated citrus flavor, spices, not very complex palate, wheaty taste.

rpack78 (7) - Fort Worth, Texas, USA - DEC 6, 2005 does not count
Taste a little like celery. Kind of disgusting. I drank 3 and gave up. Not anything I want to buy again.

digitorus (6) - Richmond, Virginia, USA - NOV 30, 2005 does not count
Light flowery aroma with hints of cloves, hazy light amber appearance, small fizzy head, citrus and cloves flavor, not overly sweet with a clean finish, sits very well in the mouth. Reliably drinkable and has found a regular spot in my rotation.

KSS (102) - Plymouth, Minnesota, USA - NOV 30, 2005
Small creamy head over a light orange honey color. Light spicy sweet aroma. Sweet, moderately clean finish.

darkerdabetter (255) - Michigan, USA - NOV 30, 2005
Old reliable.....good price and always available. Though not as full flavored as a true Belgian, it has all the characteristics.

Amator (29) - USA - NOV 26, 2005
Liked the peppery citrus aroma and the finish. I was suprised when I found out it was made by Coors. Not a bad job for a macrobrewery.

jimmyh221 (157) - Brooklyn Park, Minnesota, USA - NOV 26, 2005
Had a small creamy head with a light orange cloudy color. I thought it tasted a little like celery. I tasted it first without the orange and then with the orange and I liked the added orange flavor.