overall
RATINGS: 3213   WEIGHTED AVG: 2.97/5   EST. CALORIES: 162   ABV: 5.4%
"Belgian White Ale" (North America) / "North American Craft Beer" (UK)
Brewed with oats for creaminess and spiced with the perfect combination of orange peel and coriander.
An unfiltered wheat ale spiced in the Belgian tradition for an uncommonly smooth taste.
Gold medalist (white beer) at 1995 World Beer Championships, silver medalist (white beer) at 1996 and 1997 World Beer Championships. 171 calories per 12-ounce serving and 5.4% abv.
Editors Note: Much of this beers production now comes from the Molson brewery in Toronto. A small portion of Denver draught production comes from the SandLot brewery. Still other product may continue to hail from Golden. 7/19/08.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 14/20
GeneralGao (3614) - Iowa City, Iowa, USA - JUL 16, 2005
UPDATED: MAR 22, 2006 On tap, this ranks up there with some other very good wit beers. The great thing is you can get it almost anywhere. Thin, whispy head with a hazy golden color. I love the fact that its unfiltered. Nice coriander and orange flavor and aroma that complement the wheat. Nice aftertaste. Especially good on a hot day.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 9/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 15/20
Heatwaves (54) - Orange, California, USA - JUL 15, 2005
UPDATED: FEB 12, 2012 I was very surprised when I ordered this beer on a whim in a pub in Washington D.C.. Very flavorful and absolutely no aftertaste! As soon as I returned home to Orange County, I went out and bought myself a 12-pack.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 15/20
Squirreldogger (4) - Chicago (Lincoln Park), Illinois, USA - JUL 14, 2005 does not count
UPDATED: FEB 9, 2007 This great stuff! There is no doubt that if this were brewed in Belgian instead of here in the states it would rate around a 1/2 point higher.....at least! Dont get me wrong, this isnt Hoegarrden....but its close and unlike Hoegarrden can be found EVERYWHERE and is cheap! ....$6.49/ 6 pack. THIS IS IN NOT BREWED BY COORS!! COORS BOUGHT THE RIGHTS TO THE COMPANY "BLUE MOON" THEY MAKE THE MONEY NOT THE BEER!!

AROMA 3/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 5/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 17/20
gilby (27) - Fort Riley, Kansas, USA - JUL 13, 2005
UPDATED: JUL 22, 2005 I like this stuff, it has a lean aftertaste, and tastes good goin down. Fruity as hell! Very good, one of my favorites, even if it is Coors.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 8/20
hspcpa2005 (4) - Asheboro, North Carolina, USA - JUL 13, 2005 does not count
Great beer. Very cloudy appearance. Best on tap but bottles are decent. A little heavy for mass consumption but a very nice change from the usual. Great with a slice of orange.

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 5/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 11/20
beeryum (652) - Norcross, Georgia, USA - JUL 11, 2005
Bottle. Lemons and other citrus and banana flavors. Something slightly off with out bottle Im guessing, as there was something in it that reminded me of an industrial cleaner chemical.

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 15/20
LawofCreation (8) - Memphis, Tennessee, USA - JUL 6, 2005 does not count
Blue moon eh? They should call this stuff the real coors. People would probably drink it more often. I picked this up thinking that I was being original (sorry, Im a newb) and I look here.....COORS....wtf? So anyway, its not bad compared to most american beers. The head...what head? Its like a 1/8th of an inch thich and disappears faster than Eminems career. So the appearance isnt all that impressive, but the flavor is like....hmmmm, banannas, I agree on that note and is smooth to the palate. Very thick actually. The color is a bit more opaque than other American beers which is probably why they dont just slap Coors on the label. Anyhow, its worth a 6 pack at least and if you hate it, just give it to the moochers. Save the PBR and Schlitz for yourself.

AROMA 4/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 5/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 8/20
whiterabbit81 (244) - Tallahassee, Florida, USA - JUL 5, 2005
Sort of a joke of a beer. Coors attempt of something worhwhile. Not a huge fan of the style, and this is a particularly lackluster example. The choice of people who dont know anything about beer.

alaskanwarren (286) - Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, USA - JUL 4, 2005
Very attractive, it looked excellent. Light golden with very white head. Aroma is light hops, some light grains, citrus, tiny bit of yeast and some banana. Taste is crisp and smooth. Some wheat and a tiny bit of that yeast and citrus again. Finish is very clean. This was over too quick. Wait... coors makes this? That cant be right.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 5/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 11/20
BeerHawk (1810) - Huntsville, Alabama, USA - JUL 3, 2005
Draft; so I see this one coming toward me with a slice of orange wedge in the top of the mug and I could not get the orange out of my head the entire taste. Orange-yellow color and hazy- reminded me of a glass of orange juice I had for breakfast. Small pure white head that deminished quickly. Orange aroma, orange taste, watery, lively carbonation. I think I just found my new breakfast beer!