RATINGS: 3031   WEIGHTED AVG: 2.97/5   EST. CALORIES: 162   ABV: 5.4%
"Belgian White Ale" (North America) / "North American Craft Beer" (UK)
Brewed with oats for creaminess and spiced with the perfect combination of orange peel and coriander.
An unfiltered wheat ale spiced in the Belgian tradition for an uncommonly smooth taste.
Gold medalist (white beer) at 1995 World Beer Championships, silver medalist (white beer) at 1996 and 1997 World Beer Championships. 171 calories per 12-ounce serving and 5.4% abv.
Editor’s Note: Much of this beer’s production now comes from the Molson brewery in Toronto. A small portion of Denver draught production comes from the SandLot brewery. Still other product may continue to hail from Golden. 7/19/08.

• Statistics
  • Locate Sellers

boto (2297) - Granby, Connecticut, USA - JAN 13, 2001
UPDATED: JAN 25, 2006 Actually, a pretty good take on this beer type. Not Celis, but I’d still buy it again. OK, I’ve grown since I first had this. The beer is OK, but definitely not as good as I previously rated it. 12oz. bottle: This one pours a typical wit color. It is a cloudy golden color with a little bit of a white head. I also noted some sediment on the bottom of the bottle. When did this become bottle conditioned? The aroma is a bit more malty than I would like. The wheat is in there, but it is not as prevalent as the norm with this style. Also, the typical corriander and orange are hard to pick out. The wheat is there in the taste, but as the aroma, it is too subdued. Too much malt body to it. Fair.

brandonlee99 (31) - Wisconsin, USA - DEC 24, 2000
excellent beer, my favorite when I can get it...............................

Zach Diesel (905) - Sisters, Oregon, USA - DEC 18, 2000
Decent, an incredibly berryish flavor that gets pretty grody after more than one. I remember I found that out after drinking a six pack of these alone on the night of the homecoming dance.

opiate (199) - Sandy, Utah, USA - NOV 27, 2000
This was my first experience with the Belgian white style. I still think it's a decent beer, but there are better examples of the style available. Nice, smooth, and fairly sweet. A beer that's very popular with the ladies in my experience. Good for a change, and relatively cheap.

mike mcneil (660) - St Augustine, Florida, USA - OCT 20, 2000
Belgian Wits are typically light but this one is a bit too laid back. Cloudy appearance as expected with a fairly durable white head. Not much in the way of flavor however. Can't pick up on any spices such as coriander or bitter orange peel as would be expected. Refreshing, but a bit too reserved.

britab99 (65) - Kennesaw, Georgia, USA - AUG 15, 2000
Terrible, terrible aftertaste, almost skunky. Yech!........................

billb (245) - Acworth, Georgia, USA - AUG 15, 2000
Weak on aroma and flavor. Was that beer I just drank? Cloudy appearance is true to style, but not much else.

PhillyBeer2112 (2958) - Oviedo, Florida, USA - JUL 13, 2000
One of my early favorites as I started sampling craft brews. Now, it has less character than I used to think.

Jimmylib (169) - old bridge, New Jersey, USA - JUN 10, 2000

redwitching99 (15) - st. augustine, Florida, USA - JUN 9, 2000
this brew is quite interesting, i've not tasted anything just like it...tasty