overall
RATINGS: 127   WEIGHTED AVG: 2.69/5   SEASONAL: Special   IBU: 9   EST. CALORIES: 174   ABV: 5.8%
The aroma of rich blackberries sets up the slightly sweet yet tart taste that’s balanced by the subtle malt character.

Malts: Pale, Munich, Cara 8, Chocolate, White Wheat
Hops: Chinook
Our Twist: Blackberries

beer_est_deus (1315) - örebro, SWEDEN - JUL 22, 2013
Klar och djupt bärnstens-brunorange färgad med begie skum. Doft: Syrlig lager, malt. Smak: Lite rödavinbär-hallon-björnbär, kola, lager toner.

Bcoble003 (291) - Jblm, Washington, USA - JUL 20, 2013
I am not tasting any black berries nor do I get a tart sensation, smell of no fruit either. Not terrible drinkable just not what I was expecting. ---Rated via Beer Buddy for iPhone

honest_silu (70) - Jeddah, SAUDI ARABIA - JUL 16, 2013
During this Ramadan period of much fasting and prayer I must try for not drink much beer and have other spl things like sex. I wait until after sunset and then end fasting with this blue moons drink with good friend and netcafe owner Ali. It is good like harvest of much berry or date and have tart but good flavours of fruit and beer without much sweet. I do like this nice beer and will have againe tomorrow after sunset fasting period.

drowland (8932) - Georgia, USA - JUL 16, 2013
12oz bottle before the Jax Beer Fest. Wife was excited for this one... we should have known better. Reddish pour with a small off-white head. Sweet fruits, blackberry, I suppose, hardly the faintest hint of tartness. People are dumb. These are never good. I’m glad it was free.

Beerdrinker79 (2188) - Idaho, USA - JUL 13, 2013
12 oz bottle- Pours clear reddish purple with a thin off white head that reduces to a collar. Aroma is fruity, mildly tart, syrupy. The taste is about the same as the aroma, simple fruit beer, nothing special and nothing offensive, could have been better.

damzz (512) - Massachusetts, USA - JUL 7, 2013
Pours a clear mahogany with an off white head. Nose is light caramel. The palate is medium body with a malty fullness balanced by a slight bitterness.

mrjaxson (611) - .08 Junction, Wisconsin, USA - JUL 6, 2013
Call me crazy, but I thought a beer labeled as "tart" would actually be tart. Instead, it’s a generic fruit beer (no real blackberries obvious) that has a bit of dryness on the finish but that’s about it. Maybe I’m spoiled by having easy access to New Glarus’s many truly special fruit beers.

SDalkoholic (2408) - Linda Vista, California, USA - JUL 5, 2013
Bottle from Rite-Aid: Poured a medium mahogany colored liquid and created a decent pillow of foam which eventually flat lined leaving the beer naked. Aroma smells similar to real blackberry jam or blackberry syrup but there is no evidence of this smelling like beer. The flavor of this beer is semi sweet with a sharp tartness that is caused by artificial blackberry flavoring. However, there is a lingering aftertaste of dark berried jelly but then again this is also just chemicals made to taste like real fruit. This is an awful fruit beer and I doubt any females would actually want to drink this.

dlihcsnatas (766) - Temple, Texas, USA - JUL 5, 2013
Smells and tastes of blackberry but other than the blackberry it seemed a little light on texture and very clear amber for a beer with fruit and wheat. It’s OK but not something I am going to purchase again unless in a sampler pack that has something else that I want to try.

Ratman197 (15200) - Arvada, Colorado, USA - JUL 5, 2013
Bottle poured a clear reddish amber with a lingering ring of amber foam. Aromas of blackberry, light earthiness and light bread. Palate was light bodied and crisp. Flavors of bread and light blackberry with a crisp finish.