overall
RATINGS: 471   WEIGHTED AVG: 2.64/5   SEASONAL: Winter   EST. CALORIES: 168   ABV: 5.6%
This full bodied abbey ale is brewed with roasted malts and a hint of Dark Belgian sugar for a perfectly balanced taste.

edgallow's rating

AROMA 4/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 5/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 10/20
edgallow (4211) - nashville, Tennessee, USA - JAN 11, 2012
UPDATED: FEB 12, 2012 12 oz bottle pours brown with an off white head. Aroma are the classic christmas spices. Those aromas carry over to the taste.

tysongillmore (362) - Tucson, Arizona, USA - NOV 21, 2015
I didn't take any extra notes when I tried this beer for the first time but I'm gonna try it again and update my comments. ---Rated via Beer Buddy for iPhone

Jabah (484) - Winter Park, Florida, USA - APR 10, 2015
This beer was better than I expected. I prefer this kind of ale compared to the regular Blue Moon Belgian White. This is more of a medium brown-dark copper color. Clear with a medium thickness. Good amount of carbonation which produces a nice frosty head. Spicey flavor with a brown sugary aftertaste. I don’t mind it, but I can see based on some of the reviews that it may be too sweet for an ale. Maybe more like a dunkel, bock, or something? Tastes kind of like Shiner Bock. I buy it when it’s in season and on sale, which is about $6.50-7 here. UPDATED 1/17/10- Haven’t had this in about a year, so bought a 6-pack so I can use one to cook with a pot roast. Not as good as I thought but still a decent beer. Didn’t remember it to be slightly skunky in the aroma but this batch is. Downgraded a few points. I originally thought this was better than the regular Blue Moon Belgian White, but now it falls just short.

miyauchi38 (1096) - chicago, Illinois, USA - JAN 22, 2015
アビーエール アビーっぽい

slowrunner77 (12044) - Reno, Nevada, USA - OCT 5, 2014
better than their other beers, but those ones ain’t so good. this is an ok beer. does nothing to stand out from other Abbeys...maybe even below average...but above average for Blue Moon. 4/09 - Beer Advocate says Dubbel. Realy, this falls somewhere between the 2 styles. Too boring for a belgian, and English Ales don’t have Belgian Candi sugar...still pretty stndard stuff."

subsonic (82) - Pataskala, Ohio, USA - DEC 27, 2013
pours a deep ruby color with a big tan foamy head that lingers for awhile with excellent retention and lacing. The aroma is of the sweet sugar and malt with some bread tones and a little floral wafting through. The taste has a mild hop bitterness. The mouthfeel is weak, being a little too watery.

eRock_2013 (469) - South Carolina, USA - DEC 7, 2013
Hmm this brew started off good, but overall is disappointing. Appearance was excellent with a large head and ruby brown color, although the aroma was faint and adjunct-ish. Flavor was ok, brown sugar is noticeable. A bit watery. Aftertaste however is definitely metallic and sticky and reminds you this is a macro-brew. Looks like an Abby ale, but falls far short compared to authentic samples of the style. ---Rated via Beer Buddy

jmagnus87 (2912) - Rockford, Illinois, USA - SEP 26, 2013
Old sample bottle found at the warehouse. Expired January 2008. Caramel and toffee with baking spices and vinegar. This beer is obviously past its prime at almost 6 years old. I’m getting the feeling that it wasn’t much worse to start with though.

Heromark (42) - - JUL 6, 2013
I love this beer. It's especially amazing on tap. Highly suggest this one!! Revere Stryker dog!

leah2974 (453) - Georgia, USA - JAN 16, 2013
Transparent brown. Aroma of cinnamon, nutmeg. Sweet, mildly spiced flavors.

ads135 (4607) - Omaha, Nebraska, USA - DEC 13, 2012
I haven’t had many of the Blue Moon sub-brands, but this one must be one of the worst. I suppose that makes sense because its retired. To call this Belgian is an insult to its better cousins. Aside from the appearance, there isn’t much that can be compared.