RATINGS: 1079   WEIGHTED AVG: 2.69/5   SEASONAL: Autumn   EST. CALORIES: 173   ABV: 5.77%
In 1995, we crafted our first autumn seasonal—Pumpkin Ale. At the time, Oktoberfest beers were in high demand. For our version, we wanted to create a beer that was a little different than what was already out there and complemented the season by highlighting the flavors we’ve all grown to love during this time. It was so popular that it became the first nationally available pumpkin ale. Harvest Pumpkin Wheat, as it’s called now, is crafted with pumpkin and spices of cinnamon, nutmeg, cloves, and allspice for a taste you’ll want to fall right into.

Pigfoot (2268) - Minneapolis, Minnesota, USA - OCT 3, 2004
Clear, earthy dark orange color, nearly bronze, with a full, off-whitish head, riddled with myriad brownish dots. (Subsequent tastings did not show this peculiarity.) Nose is an immediate hit of sweet and warm spices, a bit vegetal, soft and mild, but pleasant. Nice flavor off the bat, full, rich, aflood with spices (cinnmon, ginger, ...cramom?) riding on top of the palate. Smooth, and malty, little hop, medium body,...and ulimately fading. Nice balance, decent taste, but I’d prefer a little more...then again, this is Coors behind the helm, who aren’t normally in the business of challnging tastebuds.

estoppel (1028) - Buffalo, New York, USA - SEP 28, 2004
Reddish body, small tan head, mild pumpkin-pie nose. Pretty bland, with late spice and a hint of pumpkin.

raymow (1865) - Bensalem, Pennsylvania, USA - SEP 27, 2004
This isn’t the best beer that I’ve ever had, but I think it’s definitely better than it’s current rating of 2.79. It’s one of the better pumpkin ales that I’ve had - it’s not overpowering in the pumpkin flavoring (as many of this style are).

wilkie (1208) - Raleigh, North Carolina, USA - SEP 26, 2004
Bottle. Amber colored. Meduim white head, disperses quickly. Aroma is spicy, like pumpkin pie, but lacks depth (no pumpkin noted). Flavor adds to opinion of aroma, lack of pumpkin evident, but the spice is certainly prevalent. Overall, okay, but there are better pumpkins out there.

robertsreality (2460) - Minnesota, USA - SEP 23, 2004
Deep Amber Coloring. Small Marshmellow White Head. Pumpkin Aroma... hmm.. Taste is Better Then I Expected... Pretty Wet.. But Good Pumpkin/Spice Flavors... Not as Evident as I Would Like....Carbonated...., but Drinkable. Decent Fall Brew!

igneous1 (1538) - Davenport, Iowa, USA - SEP 21, 2004
very clear amber color, THICK and creamy beige head. aroma is light on pumpkin...spice not that detectable, lots of butter in the aroma too. spices are more noticeable in the flavor, although still subdued, fair amount of pumpkin, and some scorched sugar and butterscotch notes...not bad

Cornfield (5569) - Oak Forest, Illinois, USA - SEP 21, 2004
Kind of disappointing. Actually, it looked great - rich orange color with a small lacy head that coated the sides of the glass as I drank. Mild spicy aroma. Good biting taste, spices and malt. But the pumpkin only comes through in the finish and as an after-drink aroma. I’d told my girlfriend about such brews and she (a wine drinker) wanted to try one. I thought I’d grabbed the first of the season, but I’ll have to wait.

YourDarkLord (1800) - Urbana, Illinois, USA - SEP 21, 2004
Copper/amber with off-white head. The pumpkin aroma was subtle and the taste was mild and spicy. If you want to drink a good pumpkin ale, I suggest Buffalo Bill’s. This one was simply unimpressive.

Jine (903) - Nutley, New Jersey, USA - SEP 18, 2004
Rating #150. As I felt with the regular Blue Moon, for being a Coors owned company, they could do much much worse than this. This is not a spectacular or every very good pumpkin beer. However, for what it is, I have no problem with it. And if I couldnt get a better pumpkin beer I would buy a 6 of this no problem

Silphium (3224) - Traverse City, Michigan, USA - SEP 17, 2004
Amber/copper body, medium light tan head. Sweet malt aroma with pumpkin spice. Flavor is quite light with biscuit and sweet malt accentuated by nutmeg and a touch of pumpkin. Reminds me of Cave Creek Chili Beer- "look, pa, this beer tastes like pumpkin!" Light, tame, and gimmicky.