RATINGS: 273   WEIGHTED AVG: 2.77/5   EST. CALORIES: 168   ABV: 5.6%
In the 1940’s, Belgian-Style Pale Ales grew in popularity and were ordered by the round due to their balanced taste. Rounder, our expression of this sessionable style, is crafted with hibiscus and orange peel for a hint of spiciness and touch of wheat for a smoother, rounder taste.

Malts: Pale, Imported Caramel, Imported Light Caramel, White Wheat
Hops: Cascade
Our Twist: Orange Peel, Hibiscus

Chudwick (3237) - Taylor Mill, Kentucky, USA - APR 4, 2014
Yay party beer, OK I’m just ticking now; I am not looking forward to this. Floral cardboard. Grass and citrus peels of sorts. Tick complete. Never again unless I run out of beer tomorrow night when UK plays in the Final Four.

BLADT (700) - Brooklyn, New York, USA - MAR 29, 2014
From bottle. Clear copper in glass. Thin white head. Very woody nose. Steeped tea. Wort. Taste is one dimensional: tea with hint of orange. It’s a decent dimension, but beer could really use some more flavors. Has the feel of aspartame on the tongue.

monk191 (2003) - Portland, Oregon, USA - MAR 28, 2014
Most blue moon beers taste pretty similar, and this is ok exception. Pours a light brown with a thin tan head. Smells like a bit of nuts, with beer. Taste is a. It like Newcastle, some brown, with some hops in the finish. Had in the bottle.

pete4999 (1445) - Buffalo, New York, USA - MAR 28, 2014
Bottle. Bland and kinda flavor-less. I was expecting something a little better with the whole "Belgian-style" moniker, but meh.

dbhenry (139) - El Paso, Texas, USA - MAR 20, 2014
This is a nice ale, with a delicate malt flavor and significant hops. Very light in color, with an average head. It is a good thirst quencher.

Suttree (6415) - Knoxville, Tennessee, USA - MAR 15, 2014
See, here’s the the deal. My boss is pretty cool, and he knows I’m into beer. But he doesn’t really know anything about beer (You see where this is going, right?). So, as a reward for some recent work, he bought me a case...of Blue Moon. Now, I’m gonna tick ’em (because that’s what I do), but they really are kind of ...bland? This is the second one I’ve tried that doesn’t really have much character. At any rate, I will be trying a bunch of these...

obguthr (6429) - Staunton, Virginia, USA - MAR 14, 2014
Mild tea nose.Clear copper, thick yellow head. Tea and aspartame, somewhat cloying. Some grass and orange notes. Exactly what is Belgian about this? Not very good.

rr314 (11) - Freedom, Pennsylvania, USA - MAR 11, 2014
This is a fantastic beer. It has a nice finish and a great dark color. Probably the best Blue Moon variety. Is quite smooth.

Beergeek23322 (2602) - Chester, Virginia, USA - MAR 11, 2014
3/11/2014. From bottle. Amber color with a white head. Malty and hoppy aromas. Flavors a little bit too buttery caramel for my taste. Nice spicy notes and hops are there.

Janicki2006 (6) - Beaver Fall, Pennsylvania, USA - FEB 25, 2014 does not count
Good initial taste but has metallic finish ..................................................