RATINGS: 86   WEIGHTED AVG: 3.24/5   SEASONAL: Winter   EST. CALORIES: 168   ABV: 5.6%
This deep amber-colored ale is crafted with cinnamon, rich caramel malts, and a touch of wheat for an inviting spiced flavor on a crisp winter day.

Mora2000 (6158) - McKinney, Texas, USA - MAR 14, 2012
The beer pours a reddish-amber ale with a white head. The aroma brings me back to Christmas. I smell something that strongly resembles Snickerdoodle cookies, with a ton of cinnamon and sugar notes. I also get a little bit of toffee. The flavor definitely follows suit. I get some cinnamon and sugar, as well as some caramel and ginger. There is also some brown sugar in the flavor. Medium mouthfeel and medium carbonation. A very nice spiced beer.

Holy (837) - GERMANY - FEB 13, 2012
The other day, I was sitting around wondering what I would do if I ever got really bored. And do you know what I came up with? I would chew on cinnamon sticks. Who doesn’t love doing that? But then I thought to myself, why not combine to the two things I love most? Cinnamon and beer? I guess Blue Moon Brewing Co beat me to it first. Damn it, Blue Moon... Why can’t I be the genius for once? I’m bored. Where are my cinnamon sticks?

BVery (10510) - Plymouth, Minnesota, USA - FEB 12, 2012
UPDATED: JAN 1, 2014 Bottle. Clear amber pour with minimal head. Cinnamon and apples all over the nose and taste. Pretty solid!

bpreo (2840) - Eugene, Oregon, USA - FEB 5, 2012
Before I read the label I thought there might be some peppermint in here, turns out it’s cinnamon and caramel. A little too much winter cheer for me.

batneil (719) - - JAN 30, 2012
Looks like your average amber, but tastes rather odd with the spices. Not totally undrinkable, but I wouldn’t recommend it.

Fratto (2845) - Arlington, Texas, USA - JAN 28, 2012
Bottle from Kroger, though one from drowland has shown up at my house tonight as I drink it. I could thank Danny, but I won’t. Brown pour with a small off-white head. Aroma is gingerbread men dipped in sweet pancake syrup. Taste is bitter, still sweet, sugary, caramel, and still more sweet.

TheJackalope (30) - Georgia, USA - JAN 21, 2012
This is the best showing from Blue Moon yet. The spiced notes blend into the pallet, leaving a satisfied finished.

johnhulk (7) - marietta, Georgia, USA - JAN 20, 2012 does not count
YUMMMM. Thought I was having myself a nice spiced dessert. Definitely enjoyed this one!

TheAlum (7164) - Aurora, Illinois, USA - JAN 20, 2012
12 oz bottle left on my balcony for almost a month from a mix pack a friend brought over. Pours a nice decent hazed copper brown hue, a bit darker with reddish glow in the body and edges. A small frothy offwhite head dies to a ring, laces small overall. Aromas are cinnamon and bread, wheat and gentle sweet caramel, biscuits. Almost a cinnamon bread feel, minus any raisin (maybe a faint waft in). The spice isn’t strong, mellow overall. Initial is lighter end of medium bodied, offering a medium strength cinnamon spice, sticks on and covers the palate, with some mellow bread, toast, and biscuits. A gentle sweeter kick of caramel, some mellow orange peel, more spice, cinnamon, and light yeastiness. Flaked wheat, probably a touch of fruity ester, but the cinnamon stays the driving force. Picks up just a touch more body as it warms, mellow dryness and lingering spice into the finish with some sticky sweetness. Ok. A one trick pony. It’s certainly drinkable, and has a bit more character than the other beers I’ve had from here. Not bad.

hogan873 (451) - Joliet, Illinois, USA - JAN 20, 2012
Nice amber body with a thin off-white head. Very warming and inviting aroma of cinnamon and caramel. The palate is relatively light and quite smooth. The flavor devlivers. Smooth and sweet. Cinnamon, caramel, and I swear a bit of apple. Very impressive offering by Blue Moon.