RATINGS: 313   WEIGHTED AVG: 2.85/5   SEASONAL: Winter   EST. CALORIES: 168   ABV: 5.6%
This copper-colored ale is crafted with roasted malts, Belgian sugar, and a touch of wheat for a rich caramel flavor and a smooth toffee finish.

shadedreality (1) - - FEB 1, 2013 does not count
I love this dark beer. No bitter taste just subtle Carmel and a wonderful ale and amazingly smooth!

StellaLane (1) - Montross, Virginia, USA - SEP 26, 2013 does not count
I wish this was sold year round. It’s robust, yet has a sweet finish. If you like dark beer but wish there was something sweeter and lighter, then this one’s for you! I stock up in the fall so I have it all year round.

SPDickerman (1315) - Texas, USA - DEC 11, 2010
Pours a dark, rich, clear coppery red with an off-white head. The aroma is strongly malty with some faint sweetness. Tastes sweet, malty and little like caramel. On the heavier side of medium-bodied with a lightly sticky, but creamy texture and soft mouth carbonation, Blue Moon Winter Abbey Ale finishes sweet and smooth. Not really a Belgian ale though.

thetmaxx (927) - West Sacramento, California, USA - DEC 31, 2010
Poured into a 12oz glass. Colour is real dark, head is light tan. Aroma is very minimal. Flavour is great. Loved the full bodied caramel flavour. Really nice winter beer.

retinadoc (243) - - DEC 29, 2014
Bottle. Sweet caramel aroma, above average carbonation. Sweet caramel mouthfeel, sweet finish. Delightful!

dprski33 (27) - California, USA - AUG 17, 2011
My sister and I killed a couple of 12 packs of this in a few days; we were both pleasantly surprised by this seasonal. Definitely buy when in season!