overall
RATINGS: 371   WEIGHTED AVG: 3.03/5   SEASONAL: Summer   IBU: 14   EST. CALORIES: 138   ABV: 4.6%
Blue Point fresh Blueberry Ale offers an unusual twist on brewing that turns out to be just perfect. A wonderful blend of fresh blueberries matched with a thirst quenching distinctive ale. We carefully add 132 lbs of blueberries to each special batch. Brewed with 100% American ingredients. Enjoy a truly unique flavorful brew!

rman18 (312) - Caldwell, New Jersey, USA - MAR 29, 2008
One of, if not the best fruity beers that I have ever had. The aroma is of a blueberry muffin that was freshly baked. The appearance is a beutiful golden red and the flavor is a strong blueberry. I’ll get sick of drinking a blueberry beer but this is the best of the blues.

Jmichael (640) - Asheville, North Carolina, USA - MAR 11, 2008
pours a semi cloudy light pink copper . sweet smooth light fruit aroma. creamy palate that suprised me. good full mouthfeel, good balance and light fruit background, great grab for sitting back, and refreshing.

abcfan (920) - New Jersey, USA - FEB 25, 2008
this is one of the few beers I can actually enjoy with my wife. Its not the strongest, or the most overwhelming, but just a tasty fruit beer. If you like blueberries, this is one you have to try!

NPRugby11 (219) - New York, USA - FEB 18, 2008
Pours a medium hazy orange w/ thick white head, and smells of hops and blueberries. Taste reminded me too much of Blue Moon and not of blueberries, though the flavor changed as the beer got a bit warmer.

BREWMUSKCLES (2687) - New Jersey, USA - JAN 30, 2008
an enjoyable taste of blueberry to be sure. i like blueberry and often piss the old lady off by adding blueberry flavored coffee to our coffee maker. that being said blueberry might very well not be suitable when incorporated into beer. this beer simply seemed to me like blueberry soda. yes it is a bit more creamy and sudsy and perhaps a touch more sharp this brew simply did not get my enthusiasm up at all. reminded me more of a carbonated and watered down blueberry type brandy.

GMCC2181 (1611) - Newark, Delaware, USA - JAN 21, 2008
Plain and simple: If you are looking for a great blueberry beer, try this you wont be disappointed!!

Angeloregon (2055) - Portland, Oregon, USA - JAN 7, 2008
Thanks to Jen for the bottle of this one--Poured a red-copper body with a medium-sized whtie head. Big blueberry nose. Hops bitterness/spice worked well aside the fruit tones, but still, there was something lacking. Crisp maltiness in finish with slight bitterness from hops and predominating blueberries. Ok brew.

NJBeerman013 (1054) - Hamilton Twp., New Jersey, USA - JAN 6, 2008
Bottle. Reddish amber in color with fairly small clean white head. The aroma is undenniably blueberry. This beer is a good example of how to flavor a quality beer. The flavors start out malty with a good balance of hops. Then they follow up with a good bit of berry flavor. Very good.

FROTHINGSLOSH (7796) - GREENSBURG, Pennsylvania, USA - DEC 14, 2007
UPDATED: SEP 1, 2008 Sampled from a 12 oz brown bottle this beer poured a red-amber color with a small white head. The aroma was strong with artificial blueberry. The flavor was sweet, fruity and strong with an artificial blueberry element that overwhelmed everything else. There was not a whole lot of "beer" like flavor to this one. Disappointing.

tgncc (3132) - Bellmore, New York, USA - DEC 7, 2007
Big surprise!!! I really enjoyed this beer. The aroma was blueberries, complemented with blueberries, with a hint of blueberries. The appearance was appealing: a nice amber with the slight purple haze reminding me of...BLUEBERRIES!! The flavor is that of standard wheat ale,augmented by... you guessed...blueberries. The finish has a pleasant linger, more blueberries. In spite of the strong presence of blueberries, this was a decent ale, good on a summer day. I bought thi on a cold December evening on the train, since it was a choice between this and Coors Light (AAAAHHHH!!!). I was pleasantly surprised. I would actually serve this to guests in my home.