overall
RATINGS: 192   WEIGHTED AVG: 3.06/5   SEASONAL: Autumn   IBU: 28   EST. CALORIES: 165   ABV: 5.5%
Blue Point Octoberfest is another palate-pleasing seasonal brew. Originally brewed in 1810 to celebrate the betrothal of the Crown Prince of Bavaria, Blue Point continues the celebration by traditionally brewing this special malty amber lager every October. Octoberfest lager is stored cold for 2 months to ensure its distinct smooth flavor. Tap a pint and celebrate the season!

Onenote81's rating

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 12/20
Onenote81 (1002) - Winston-Salem, North Carolina, USA - OCT 25, 2012
12oz bottle poured into a pint glass. Pours a clear honey orange with a small white head on top. No retention left behind. The aroma is light with notes of honey, floral tones, sweet sugary malts. The body is lighter than other Oktos I’ve had this season. Carbonation gives a light bubbly feel, but this beer lacks the moderate heft I like in this style. The flavors border on fruity, to a bit of a fault. Pale apple, sweet crackers, juice-like residual sweetness. The main players I expect in the flavor - caramel, malt, bread - are absent, or at least masked quite well under a covering of sweet fruity character. This one missed the mark for me. It wasn’t a bad "beer," it just wasn’t a great Okto.

danielyabu (1732) - União da Vitória, BRAZIL - JAN 22, 2018
Average frothy fizzy white head. Good lacing. Fully diminishing. Clear yellow body. Aroma: moderate malty, light bread, light yeasty, dough. Initial flavor: moderate sweet. Final flavor: moderate sweet light bitter; average duration. Palate: light medium body, watery texture, lively carbonation and metallic finish. cor amarela foge das diretrizes. Aroma não eh atrativo. Dulçor maltado também lembra mel. 8 s

wlajwl (7214) - Quad Cities, Iowa, USA - DEC 25, 2017
Aroma and flavor is bready/toasted malts, fruit and a mildly hoppy/mostly smooth finish.

nohopspleez (91) - Georgia, USA - NOV 1, 2017
awesome beer !!!!!!!!&# I tried it on a lark, since it was the only new beer the store had for Octoberfest, all the others were known to be bad. I am so glad I tried this!!!!!!! I went back and bought some more. WONDERFUL TASTE!!!!

Milsy19 (1) - Stittsville, Ontario, CANADA - SEP 20, 2017 does not count
Very smooth.. clean finish! Amber color with a great head. Hint of spice with no aftertaste

higgsbison (275) - Cincinnati, Ohio, USA - SEP 20, 2017
Toasty roasted malts with a light hop finish. Sorry these notes were just for myself now I have to publish them with so many characters, hence this sentence. ---Rated via Beer Buddy for iPhone

wxman (1865) - O’Fallon, Illinois, USA - AUG 7, 2017
Pours a dark golden with a rather thick white head. Spicy aroma. Taste is sweet caramel malt, buttered biscuits, nutmeg and mild hop bitterness. Texture is a bit thin, but a good effort nonetheless.

Docavey (96) - Lehigh Acres, Florida, USA - NOV 23, 2016
Had this from the bottle. Head disperses quickly. Amber and clear. Nose is malt and caramel. Flavor is malty and well balanced. Smooth rich feel in the mouth. 5.7% alcohol is stronger than usual for an Octoberfest brew. F Avey---Rated via Beer Buddy for iPhone

Larry_Duffman (618) - - OCT 23, 2016
I had it from the bottle. The taste is caramel, grain, and hops. This was nicely balanced. There was more hop bitterness than your average Octoberfest. I thought it set it apart from the normal. I liked it.

Bergerbeer1058 (1) - Bellmore, New York, USA - OCT 17, 2016 does not count
I thought Becks Octoberfest was the finest October beer until I tried Bluepoint Octoberfest. Excellent taste all around. No head is my only complaint.

richask (4) - - OCT 12, 2016 does not count
Very enjoyable beer, everyone else already commented on color and such no need to beat a dead horse on that

---Rated via Beer Buddy for Android