RATINGS: 2   MEAN: 3.3/5.0   WEIGHTED AVG: 3.05/5   EST. CALORIES: 165   ABV: 5.5%

Most RecentTicked By

swoopjones (7020) - Buffalo, New York, USA - FEB 22, 2008
Growler. Pours medium amber. Nice white head. Sweet malt aroma. Nice sweet malt taste followed up with rye & medium hop bitterness. Nice sweet malt finish that lingers a bit

notalush (5895) - Lakewood, Colorado, USA - FEB 2, 2008
So I went down to the brewery today to try this beer, even though folks that went to the cask festival that tried it told me that it tasted "so, so...you know, it just tastes like Blue Point" - I always want to try a new beer made by a local brewer - so down I go to the brewery, and get the beer on cask - it looks good enough - hazy copper with a frothy head - it smells alright - strong herbal hoppiness with fairly apparent rye - then I take a sip - "it tastes like Blue Point" - I could not get those words out of my damn head, because, well, the beer just tastes like Blue Point - there is this extreme homogeneity to all of their products that is so incredibly apparent with this beer - it tastes like they tweaked their ESB recipe and threw in some rye malt - admittedly, it tastes alright - nice fresh, grassy hops - moderate rye presence - light tangy, citrus qualities - slightly too sweet on the back end, but otherwise okay - but that overwhelming SAMENESS - it’s like they had to throw rye in this so they wouldn’t confuse it with their other hoppy beers - but maybe I criticize too much - sure, it tastes alright - it tastes like a middle of the road rye beer - it tastes like Blue Point.