overall
RATINGS: 11   MEAN: 3.29/5.0   WEIGHTED AVG: 3.1/5   SEASONAL: Spring   EST. CALORIES: 156   ABV: 5.2%
Blue Point's spring maibock

robiannelli (591) - West Deptford, New Jersey, USA - FEB 22, 2012
12oz bottle pours clear yellow with some white head. Aromas of sweet carmel toffee malt and some slight fluralness. Flavor is balanced but on the sweet side with. Body is light and finishes smooth

Chapel (468) - Levittown, New York, USA - APR 4, 2008
Taster at the brewery. Reminds me very much like the Blue Point Spring Fling which I am only pointing out because the Spring Fling was not available for me to do a side-by-side test. However, based on my description, this seems to be generally heavier and darker. Plenty of lemon and some malts to keep in from running away with citrus flavors. Some nice balance in the hops at the end giving it a slightly floral finish.

Sregnar35 (1032) - Rotterdam, New York, USA - MAR 31, 2007
On tap at Mahars. Good stuff. Poured dark orange with a small head. Aroma was earthy and hoppy. Flavor was hoppy and lemony, a nice blend.

PilsnerPeter (3050) - Flushing, New York, USA - AUG 19, 2006
On tap at the brewery. Earthy malt flavor, with a slight nuttyness and a light smooth dryness in the finish, simple, but balanced.

seeknay36 (110) - DC, New York, USA - JUL 30, 2006
Tap at the brewery. golden color with a small head. fruity aroma with a smooth finish. notable hops. easy and refreshing.

Dickinsonbeer (5074) - Hoboken, New Jersey, USA - APR 13, 2006
Tap at the tasting room. Bock? What? Tasted very similar to thier blonde ale, but more rounded, yet crisp and cleaner than the blonde. Didnt taste much like a maibock. Poured a light amber color with a thin head. Aroma is lightly malty but has a definite crisp citrusy hop character to it, with some light fruity esters. Flavor is lightly sweet, light crystal malts, some light munich, and a crisp hop bittereness in the end. I wasnt expecting this to be a bock, but if it had known, I would have looked for more of a sweet bready sharp maltiness, which I didnt detect. Pretty clean and easy drinking though. Nice.

wnhay (722) - Princeton, New Jersey, USA - APR 13, 2006
Poured amber with a thin tan head. Not much head retention. The aroma took a few minutes to come through. I got hints of honey, caramel, currant and citrus. The caramel notes were effective in the taste along with the honey and citrus. I could have used more flavors and aroma for this to be really good.

bigrond (1499) - factoryville, Pennsylvania, USA - APR 5, 2006
I love blue point brews, but this is not one of my favorites. The flavor is strong and it has a lingering aftertaste. This is also not one of my favorite styles, but it’s easy to drink and refreshing. I’ll enjoy a few more while it lasts.

JoeMcPhee (9519) - Toronto, ON, Ontario, CANADA - APR 2, 2006
Tap at the brewery. Hazy pale golden colour, thin white head. Very light wheaty aroma. Orange citrus. Body seems a bit thin. Lightly hopped with noble variety hops. Seems pretty thin. My notes are very different from the other two ratings, so I’ll have to try this again.

apoptosis (1317) - Denver, Colorado, USA - FEB 25, 2006
Also on tap at the brewery...Decent maibock, not a true bock. Nicely balanced beer with a medium body: malty, mildly hopped, very drinkable. Smooth and refreshing - I would say that this is a little like a lager with some extra flavors added for a slightly more complex brew, but I would definetly enjoy this one again.