overall
RATINGS: 814   WEIGHTED AVG: 3.13/5   IBU: 28   EST. CALORIES: 165   ABV: 5.5%
Toasted Lager was originally named for the “toasted” characteristic of our original direct-fire brick kettle. Our World Beer Cup gold medal winning flagship brew is brewed with a blend of six specialty malts for a flavor as rich and unique as the town it’s from. Toasted Lager’s balanced flavor of malt and hops makes for easy drinking and our special proprietary lager yeast produces an exceptional, long-lasting smooth finish.

sleepylopes (318) - New York, USA - JUL 7, 2008
standard in most respects. Re beer has an intresting efervescence and that is where the toast is, in the early nose and on the tounge before a sip. Smooth with a decent finish and carb.

kevin62 (267) - New Jersey, USA - JUL 6, 2008
Had this many times,both on draft and in the bottle,figured I should finally rate it.The pour is a nice amber-brown color with a small beige head.Aromas were of malt and light fruit.The taste had caramel,malt and honey.medium body.Great beer in a pinch!

blipp (9284) - La Mesa, California, USA - JUL 5, 2008
Bottle. Pours clear amber with a white head. Aroma is caramel/honey, a bit of fruit, and earthy hops. Medium body. Lightly sweet flavor, with honey, fruit, and earth. Actually not that bad. Much better than I expected.

BiddleBrau (1221) - Fort Washington, Pennsylvania, USA - JUN 22, 2008
Amber hue with small white head. Slight malt aroma with clean crisp taste. Toasty malt sweetness makes this a tasty quaffable lager

Ritterkreuz (179) - Seneca Falls, New York, USA - JUN 17, 2008
Very light and crisp, but with a nice malty taste to it. I was prepared for far less when I saw the twist cap, but I must say I was pleasantly surprised by this one.

nuplastikk (6289) - Madison, Wisconsin, USA - JUN 16, 2008
12oz bottle. Filtered tan-orange color. Light, malty, and very drinkable, this is a pretty good session beer. Can taste a little of that toasty character for sure. Fairly well balanced, with a smooth, sweet finish. My bottle was past the expiration date by 7 months...I’m sure it’s better fresh aroma-wise ect.

Bungalo22 (326) - Bridgeport, Connecticut, USA - JUN 15, 2008
Pours a light brown color with a small head. Had off the tap. It smells roasted and fruity. It is a sweet beer with a real fruity taste. I was surprised by that as it was more fruity than toasty. Good drinker though.

OldRaspy (292) - Virginia Beach, Virginia, USA - JUN 11, 2008
Poured from a 12oz bottle a nice deep amber with a beige head that faded quickly but left good lacing. Aroma was kinda weak picked up on the malt. Flavor was very nice with a sweet malt and a bit of hop bitterness in teh finish.

Damico (3147) - Royersford, Pennsylvania, USA - JUN 8, 2008
This was a really nice deep brown color for a lager. The toasted name seems to give it a long, smooth, and rich after taste that separates this from other lagers for me. You could definitely put down a few of these in one evening, espeically up in Long Island.

chrissy (122) - Connecticut, USA - JUN 8, 2008
Draft: Pours a copper color with white foamy head. Has a toasted smell and a dry finish. A bit of a bitter aftertaste.