%>

RATINGS: 4   MEAN: 3.3/5.0   WEIGHTED AVG: 2.97/5   SEASONAL: Special   EST. CALORIES: 267   ABV: 8.9%

Most RecentTicked By

BMMillsy (1788) - Florida, USA - DEC 23, 2012
Rating from memory when I had it at the brew pub back in summer. Pours a hazy yellowish gold color with small head. A relatively light bodied barley wine, though the alcohol was very present. Seems to me this style isn’t really barleywine at all, as it is shown here. Anyway, citrus and banana abound among some booziness and wheat backdrop. I think this may have been called "Sunshine Wheatwine" when I was there, but all the specs and descriptions here look like it is what I had, so I don’t want to duplicate. Overall, this is one of the better brews I’ve had at Blue Tractor, which tends to be sub-par on the beer side. I would have this again if I were at the pub for some more BBQ.

hopdog (12953) - Lansdale, Pennsylvania, USA - NOV 22, 2011
On tap at the Brew Pub. Poured a golden color with a small sized head. Grains & wheat with some citrus and caramel in the finish.

deyholla (12023) - Minneapolis, Minnesota, USA - NOV 19, 2011
On tap at the brewpub. Pours a hazy pale bronze/orange with an off-white head that dissipates to the edges. Aroma has a good amount of sweet grain with a bit of wheat and a backing bitterness. Flavor has a nice combination of sweet grains, caramel and a nice bitterness that balances the beer.

cubs (10693) - Fort Collins, Colorado, USA - NOV 18, 2011
Tap @ Blue Tractor. Cloudy, yellow orange appearance with a white head. Still, citrusy, light wheat malty aroma. Pretty rich wheat malty, orange citrusy flavor with a slightly boozy finish.