overall
RATINGS: 126   WEIGHTED AVG: 3.11/5   EST. CALORIES: 225   ABV: 7.5%
Devilishly Good Belgian Style Ale.

MilkmanDan (1943) - Eagan, Minnesota, USA - JUL 13, 2004
Deep orange. Nose has loads of candy sugars, nice peachy/fruity scent. Flavor is of orange, cardamon, and loads of candy sugars. Ends dry, has a very nice SweetTart mild pucker at the end.

Pigfoot (2268) - Minneapolis, Minnesota, USA - JUL 11, 2004
Bright, shining crimson color, under a very thin layer of off-white foam. Aroma, full of fruit, big orange, peach, and more, rich and inviting, spicy, citric, very nice. Taste: great blast on the palate initially, a aflush with fruit and spice, again, warm and friendly, with a ticklish tingle from a cinnamon/clove-like spicy contingent. Delish. Yeah, I’m talking yum, and I mean it! Were I situated in the Bluegrass State, I’m drink their supply dry, I’m pretty certain. "Devilishly Good Belgian Style Ale", say the label, and I particularly dig the Satanic chap on the label, but I can’t say for sure which style they’re emulating here. Not a dubbel, not quite a tripel...a tripel meets a wit, with a touch of saison? Doesn’t matter, it’s damned delicious!

burgerlicious (308) - Indianapolis, Indiana, USA - JUN 28, 2004
The scent was floral. It reminded me of a pale ale, but slighly wheaty. It was slightly bitter going down.

celluloiddroid (25) - Hebron, Indiana, USA - MAY 31, 2004
Not bad, very malty was my main impression. Great color. It was given to me as a present, don’t know if I’ll buy it again, but I’ll treasure the bottles I have, make a great addition to the collection.

Skip (206) - Indiana, USA - APR 16, 2004
An adventurous undertaking for an American micro. For the most part, it is well done. Red/amber color is appropriate to the style, but the head dissipates too quickly. Taste is a bit too sharp.

jsquire (4489) - St. Marys, Ohio, USA - MAR 7, 2004
Almost glowing red/orange color out of the bottle with an off white head that did not stick around. Nose of candi sugar and band-aid. The body was a little thin. There was some mustiness and spice, but not enough to fight off the one dimensional sweetness of this beer. Okay, but not interesting.

aracauna (3606) - Georgia, USA - FEB 25, 2004
The body is a distinctly reddish medium brown body with a buttery head that is small and fades fairly quickly. It's clear and seems like it's probably filtered. The aroma is extremely fruity (honeydew melon and apples, maybe a little grape), honey, a little clove. The flavor is just as nice, but it's so short. You get this big blast of a great flavor (like La Trappe Dubbel without the cloying sweetness), but it doesn't linger. The body is lacking a bit too. I think it's because it's not bottle conditioned. If they'd stick this in a 750 and let it bottle condition to carbonate instead of what their doing, they'd have an excellent beer here.

Wiseblood (700) - Clarksville, Tennessee, USA - JAN 14, 2004
Reddish-brown color, with a small head, and a deep spicy aroma. Sweet and tart. Well-hopped with a long bitter caramel finish. Not like any Belgian I've had, but interesting nonetheless.

iwantalambic (1478) - St. Louis, Missouri, USA - DEC 17, 2003
Rusty orange amber colour. Creamy tan head quickly diminishes, but leaves a soft flowery aroma that has a good bit of caramel, deep red apples, and yeast. Spicy flavours tingles the palate with both carbonation and a light pepperiness. A fruity sourness finishes off this brew that has some interesting components; some like a tripel and others like a dubbel and others unlike any Belgian. Thanks to my Secret Santa '03 aofoxxy!

MAP (1133) - Lakewood, Ohio, USA - NOV 18, 2003
Brown color, more of a malty nose than anything else. Not much in the way of head or interesting appearance. It could use a little kick in the pants toward belgianville.