overall
RATINGS: 167   WEIGHTED AVG: 3.35/5   SEASONAL: Special   EST. CALORIES: 300   ABV: 10%
The beer formerly known as Ultra, our double IPA. A nice malt backbone and warming alcohol, take a supporting role to the massive hop bitterness, flavor and aroma. Distinctly American, with Cascade, Simcoe and Columbus hops, 6 different additions during the boil and then the hot wort is strained through 15# of fresh whole hops. If you like hoppy beers give it a try, if you don’t you can probably use it to degrease your engine.

BrewMstr (194) - Pleasant View, Utah, USA - FEB 15, 2014
Pale color, strong taste, and hoppy. At >10% ABV, substantial without being overpowering. Light on color, heavy on taste!

DocLock (11110) - Lower Pottsgrove, Pennsylvania, USA - JUL 18, 2006
Thanks to Secret Santa for this one. It pours turbid deep coppery/ruby edged with mountains of head and amazing sheets of lace. Aromas are big feety hops, tropical fruit, citrus, and some spicy notes that reminded me of Strange Ghost. The flavor is hoppy, tropical fruity, slightly feety and spicy, with a hint of what my palate noted as oregano. The flavor did not gel as well as the BBC IPA, but it was complex nonetheless, with well hidden alcohol and a complex, dense palate, and this one is another that I really need to get more of.

waolsen (1376) - Littleton, Colorado, USA - SEP 7, 2006
bomber. beautiful copper coloring. It took me ten minutes to pour this beer. The head is rediculously huge and creamy. real nice hops, mild spice, citrus, lemongrass, malty caramel aroma. full bodied. nice bite. malts and hops. a unique hop taste. tiny alcohol. excellent.

Acknud (1082) - Morganfield, Kentucky, USA - AUG 25, 2007
I think very underrated. Pretty amber pout with frothy off white head. Grassy hops aroma. Spicy bitter finish. Bitterness is just about what I would want.

Shag (3047) - Chattanooga, Tennessee, USA - JUN 16, 2007
Looking at the score I see I’m against the grain on this one. A golden appearance with a large white head. A perfume, orange, and lemon aroma. The flavor is somewhat sweet consisting of lemons, orange, and grapefruit. A rather bitter finish. I really liked this one!

amee16 (62) - Valparaiso, Indiana, USA - OCT 16, 2007
pours a hazy dark amber with a fluffy thick head. Aroma is hoppy with caramel-like undertones and a bit of lemon/grapefruit. flavor is very hoppy and dry with some hidden sweetness and toast. leaves a light tingle on the edges of my tongue.

SpringsLicker (3682) - Tennessee, USA - DEC 2, 2007
Pours almost gushy with a huge creamy head of off-white over a dark orange body.
Big complex aroma. Caramel and honey with a robust grapefruit hop presence. Nutty.
Well balanced, forceful. Big and smooth, with lots of malt and good hop balance; they way I like my Double IPA’s.

Darkover (1545) - Columbus, Ohio, USA - NOV 19, 2008
Hazy orange color with a big beige head. Aroma and flavor of citrus, fruit, caramel, toffee and other candies.

Rynoplasty (700) - Louisville, Kentucky, USA - FEB 17, 2010
This beer is an odd one for me too rate, as it has tasted very different to me on different occasions I have tried it. One batch at the brewpub I have had before had an amazing aroma and flavor of citrusy, floral, amazingly fresh hops, while another on tap at a growler bar had more of a simcoe, candy hop, medicinal flavor. Both were good, but I will rate according the brewpub tasting.

Defreni (3303) - Husum, DENMARK - MAY 28, 2011
Fad: Lysorange øl med et lille skumhoved. Kraftig duft af humle med en god del citrus. Smagen er igen domineret af humle med solid maltbase. Flot øl at starte ølfestivallen på.