overall
Brewed by Samlesbury (AB InBev UK)
Style: Bitter
Preston, England
Serve in English pint

RATINGS: 252   WEIGHTED AVG: 2.35/5   EST. CALORIES: 105   ABV: 3.5%
Can/keg: Pasteurised. Nitro widget.
ABV changed from 3.8 to 3.5% in 2008.
Previously brewed at InBev’s Magor brewery.
NOTE: The cask version has a separate listing as Boddingtons Cask (contract brewed at Hydes).

1.4
fatherpierre (61) - Leeds, ENGLAND - APR 8, 2002
A poor bitter held with low regard in the u.k. Personally I can't stomach the stuff, it has a flavour I can only describe as 'vinegar like'.

neilrichards (191) - Leicestershire, ENGLAND - MAR 25, 2002
A fairly flavourless beer, which lacks really depth or strength. Quite smooth, but not a drink i'd quickly return too.

0.7
johngsutton99 (6) - Leyland Preston, - MAR 16, 2002 does not count
This beer was once THE best bitter in the UK. In the late 1960's and the early 70's Bodington's beer was always on form with a creamy body and some power around 4.8% That was then, today the stuff is weak, insipid and if John Boddington is reading this then GET IT SORTED LAD. I have to say I mourn the loss of a valued friend and the brewers killed it. Be ashamed, be very ashamed: this was an institution murdered by big business.

nigos (631) - Ipswich, Suffolk, ENGLAND - NOV 6, 2001
Too creamy, leaves an unpleasant after taste................................

0.9
Richard73 (37) - St Albans, ENGLAND - SEP 25, 2001
Mediocrity incarnate.........................................

1.4
Oakes (19532) - Vancouver, British Columbia, CANADA - JUN 14, 2001
I forgot I even drank this. But that was during Iron Liver Session #2, which featured a trailorload of wonderful English ales, and this was very much an afterthought.

PhilnTenn99 (2) - USA - JUN 10, 2001 does not count
My favorite from the English bitter family. Lucky for me I have an English friend who has it shipped in on occassion. Very creamy head with a gentle finish. An excellent example of a true English bitter!

BeerLimey (2155) - California, USA - MAY 23, 2001
UPDATED: SEP 16, 2004 Smooth, milky, fairly light. Mostly sweet, chocolatey, could use a little bitterness. Impressive daft flow from can, low on carbonation.

Gusler (2652) - Tucson, Arizona, USA - SEP 14, 2000
Lucky for me that i have two friends who fly to Europe at least once a month, so they allways bring me back a bottle or two of some English or European beer. Top notch as a Cream Stout goes, smooth, decent malts and a fair hop bite, with a great huge head on the pour and a wonderful aroma.