overall
Brewed by Samlesbury (AB InBev UK)
Style: Bitter
Preston, England
Serve in English pint

RATINGS: 2119   WEIGHTED AVG: 2.79/5   EST. CALORIES: 141   ABV: 4.7%
Can: Pasteurised. Nitro widget.
Also sold as Boddingtons Gold and Boddingtons Export.
Stronger version of Boddingtons Bitter. First brewed in 1994 at 4.8%
Creamy head and a golden well balanced body.

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 4/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 10/20
Dickinsonbeer (5074) - Hoboken, New Jersey, USA - JAN 18, 2003
Yellow color with small white head. Aroma was subtle with english hops. I didnt like the flavor at all- there was something off about it. The hop flavor was muted by a wierd unrefined metallicy, almost apple-juice like taste. Blech. I really didnt like this at all.

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 12/20
GermanBrews76 (680) - Richmond, Virginia, USA - JAN 13, 2003
Off tap, as every can I"ve ever opened ended up half foamed over. Light and pleasant. Mildly bitter, citrucy sweet. Kind of wierd though and not in an impressive way.

AROMA 5/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 4/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 13/20
Sham (1844) - Seattle, Washington, USA - JAN 10, 2003
Pours very nice, but when it comes to flavor, it seems to be lacking. Seemed to be a bit thin.

AROMA 3/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 3/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 7/20
BarePaw (148) - Pullman, Washington, USA - JAN 10, 2003
It pours nicely, makes a good, thick, creamy head, and looks good in the glass with a nice copper color. However, it has little aroma and a watery flavor.

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 3/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 10/20
Orlan (25) - AUSTRALIA - JAN 8, 2003
No substance - Good marketing though means its widespread - why??

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 16/20
djbuddha (90) - Many, Louisiana, USA - JAN 1, 2003
I had heard talk about this before, but had never had the opportunity to try it. To my surprise, they had it on tap at my usual pub this New Years Eve. I tried a pint of Salvator first (letdown), then the rest of the night I drank these. I was very surprised to see them bringing it to the table. It was very nice looking, as it was just starting to settle. After my second taste (the first seemed to be all head)I was pleasantly surprised. This is the first bitter Ive tried, and I believed it was excellent. I think I may have a new favorite at the pub, if theyll keep it on tap.

AROMA 3/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 2/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 6/20
drismyhero (815) - Tacoma, Washington, USA - DEC 31, 2002
Well, as seems to be the trend with these UK brews this was gorgoeus. The swirling mass of yellow nitrous waterfalls and beautiful golden color prepare you for something remarkable, but leave you wondering where the hell the flavor is. I mean, why do these people spend so much time making these look great and completely gimp out on the taste. This was absolutely watery and void of flavor, truly disappointing.

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 5/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 10/20
dev (50) - Savannah, Missouri, USA - DEC 29, 2002
The head on this was great. the first half tasted great. the second half tasted flat on all cans tried.

AROMA 4/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 2/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 7/20
dins (266) - Texas, USA - DEC 28, 2002
I didnt know they canned soap bubbles.

AROMA 4/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 5/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 10/20
VTDeerHunter (51) - Vermont, USA - DEC 26, 2002
I thought this was average overall. Its good, but doesnt make me want to send them all my hard-earned cash. The head was about the most exciting part.