overall
Brewed by Samlesbury (AB InBev UK)
Style: Bitter
Preston, England
Serve in English pint

RATINGS: 2037   WEIGHTED AVG: 2.79/5   EST. CALORIES: 141   ABV: 4.7%
Can: Pasteurised. Nitro widget.
Also sold as Boddington’s Gold and Boddington’s Export.
Stronger version of Boddington’s Bitter. First brewed in 1994 at 4.8%
Creamy head and a golden well balanced body.

Cartoonkhaki (1341) - Brantford, Ontario, CANADA - DEC 12, 2002
This does nothing for me. Not very memorable. More watery. Not enough bitter.

fly (1487) - austin, Tejas, Texas, USA - DEC 9, 2002
Maybe I'm being far too harsh, but with the nitrous feel there just is hardly anything there for me. Not horrid, but far, far too subtle for my taste.

xmandax (130) - Astoria, New York, USA - DEC 8, 2002
very pretty in the glass, creamy and a nice-settling beer. it's not really the taste of a bitter, more of a heavy pale ale , really.

weusebio (69) - Portland, Oregon, USA - DEC 5, 2002
possibly the smoothest beer i have ever had the opportunity to drink. tastes great and goes down easy. it would be a great beer for binge drinking college types if it were cheaper.

CapFlu (5132) - Victoria, British Columbia, CANADA - DEC 2, 2002
I haven't understood the raving about this beer? As far as a bitter goes, I find it sub-par though, funnily, I find it better in the cans than on draught because it was pulled sans-carbonation hence flat.

Sturgess (173) - Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, USA - DEC 1, 2002
One of my favorite English beers...it's very good out of a can and has a very smooth frothy tasty head. It's a great beer to buy...maybe a bit overpriced.

Supaflyfresh99 (97) - E.Williston, New York, USA - NOV 30, 2002
Good british beer..............................................

danapsimer99 (7) - USA - NOV 27, 2002 does not count
I love the flavor an mouth feel of this beer. Well balenced bitterness and creamy head make this the perfect beer for my evening relaxation. The widget in the can produces an experience almost as good as one pulled in my local pub.

fraternie (1030) - Chicago, Illinois, USA - NOV 24, 2002
One my favorite of the bitter cream ales. Wonderful carbonation makes for a smooth beer with a very pleasant flavor and aroma.

presario (4925) - Stampede City, Alberta, CANADA - NOV 23, 2002
THE POUR! Love the widget cans. Beautiful head and smooth flavour and taste. Could imagine sitting in a pub all day with this.