overall
Brewed by Samlesbury (AB InBev UK)
Style: Bitter
Preston, England
Serve in English pint

RATINGS: 2118   WEIGHTED AVG: 2.79/5   EST. CALORIES: 141   ABV: 4.7%
Can: Pasteurised. Nitro widget.
Also sold as Boddington’s Gold and Boddington’s Export.
Stronger version of Boddington’s Bitter. First brewed in 1994 at 4.8%
Creamy head and a golden well balanced body.

mjmurphy2 (85) - Madison, Wisconsin, USA - NOV 12, 2002
(on tap) Great head. Wow, not so much bubbles as a layer of cream. Beer was mild; drinkable and undistinguished. Not bad at all

Slick (1969) - Thief River Falls, Minnesota, USA - NOV 12, 2002
oh yah what a beer long on flavor but short on head widgets are a nice add on but just don’t get you the full fresh from the pub look definately better on tap

mrkimchee (1414) - Toronto, Ontario, CANADA - NOV 4, 2002
not bad, I remember liking this a lot more a few years ago. golden, nice creamy head. not much for aroma. faint sweetness and moderate bitterness. just okay.

jazz88 (2679) - San Francisco, California, USA - OCT 29, 2002
Can. Copper color with a nitro dumped white creamy head. Silky smooth but it was hard to find the flavor.

JohnC (3008) - Mission Viejo, California, USA - OCT 29, 2002
It tastes like water w/ a foamy head. A loser.

Kaya161 (1139) - San Diego, California, USA - OCT 29, 2002
Failry mild in flavour, but it is a well balanced British ale and failry creamy.

bluemeow76 (693) - Lewis Center, Ohio, USA - OCT 25, 2002
I was pleasantly surprised that this was offered at the concert hall I was at recently to see a Stone Temple Pilots show. Normally, concert halls offer you typical garden variety crap. Hopefully the supremeness of the concert itself is not influencing me, but this was some pretty darn good beer! A nice creamy blend of maltyness, a sweet aroma and slight citrus tones.

Trappist (286) - Knoxville, Tennessee, USA - OCT 10, 2002
UPDATED: JUL 7, 2003 This was a very good ale! I want to try it again because I had been drinking stout all night and when I drank this it was like changing to water! However I think I would be able to rate this one higher as soon as I try it again! But this was a very good ale. Well after trying this one again by itself, I find it to be quite smooth and very refreshing. This is a very good bitter.

acnemaster99 (20) - Albany, New York, USA - SEP 30, 2002
this is definalty the smoothest beer ever. It has so much cream in it that it goes down like a milk shake. Not to exciting to taste though.

MaxPower (961) - St. Louis, Missouri, USA - SEP 28, 2002
I agree the creamy head is there, very light body and watery. Weak not much flavor, too expensive and not worth it.