overall
Brewed by FEMSA - Cuauhtémoc-Moctezuma (Heineken)
Style: Pale Lager
Monterrey/Orizaba, Mexico

RATINGS: 840   WEIGHTED AVG: 2.45/5   EST. CALORIES: 141   ABV: 4.7%

Tejas (1008) - Dallas, Texas, USA - NOV 12, 2004
This one surprised me. Doesn’t taste like a Mexican beer. Pours a lite color which also surprised me b/c of the dark bottle. Taste kind of hoppy & crisp. This one would be good on a hot day. I’d drink this one again.

clong83 (285) - San Diego, California, USA - NOV 11, 2004
This and Negra Modelo are the only things I will drink at a mexican restaurant. I don’t think I’ve ever had it out of that context, though. It’s decent enough. Grainy and hoppy finish. Probably a little bit better than it’s current rating.

SG (465) - Valley Center, California, USA - OCT 29, 2004
A light and grainy malt flavor with a hint of bitterness on the finish. Almost no hop flavor at all. It went down fine with my shrimp burrito, but definitely nothing to write home about. Still, it was drinkable.

Yankovitch333 (612) - Baltimore, Maryland, USA - OCT 27, 2004
UPDATED: JAN 14, 2006 Not bad. If you are at a Mexican restaurant and they have Bohemia, it sure beats ****ing Corona. Every saturday night I hang out at a Mexican bar and drink this.

pjk33 (390) - Sligo - Curllsville Heights, Pennsylvania, USA - OCT 26, 2004
Bottle. Many Bottles. At Carlos and Charlies bar in Cozumel Mexico. I asked the waitress (quite hot, in an "I’ll kick your ass" way) for a Corona (when in Rome?) and she asked me if I actually like beer. She recommended this and so I tried it. I never poured it into a glass (For crissakes, I already was on the defensive with this chick) but I liked the beer for about the first 4. Then the taste got a little odd and metallic. Or I got a little odd and drunk... Same bottle as Modelo, but not nearly as refreshing as the Especial or as good as the Negra.

dp (608) - uniontown, Ohio, USA - SEP 20, 2004
In the bottle. Light, refreshing, went well with Mexican food. Better than your average Mexican beer.

Cornfield (5569) - Oak Forest, Illinois, USA - SEP 15, 2004
More pale lager than a true pils, this has a light amber color and a thin, lacy head. Mild malt flavor. Good with a heavy dinner.

11026 (1772) - Alabama, USA - SEP 13, 2004
Bottle. Typical pilsner in appearance. With Mexican food not bad. Nothing exciting.

jimhilt (2626) - Bow, New Hampshire, USA - SEP 12, 2004
Pours with a two-finger white head that leaves a some lace. Clear pale amber color. Light bodied and light carbonation. Slightly hoppy nose. Starts slightly on the sweet side and the finish is clean, with no lingering aftertaste. Good session beer. $1.30 for a 12oz. bottle from Liquor Barn, Lexington, KY.

mjg74 (3182) - La Mesa, California, USA - SEP 10, 2004
Pours pale gold in color. Not much head. Aroma is somewhat sweet with a little bit of corn. Smooth sipping. Flavor is that of grain and is slightly sweet. I have always really liked this beer and was surprised to see such a low rating here. So I decided to try it again. I still like it.