overall
RATINGS: 49   WEIGHTED AVG: 2.98/5   EST. CALORIES: 141   ABV: 4.7%
From the heart of the Blue Ridge Mountains at Wintergreen, VA comes Virginia Draft.

This smooth and distinctive Hard Cider combines its apple heritage with superb drinkability.

Crafted with care and tasted (at least) daily by our thirsty band of Bold Rockers. Virginia Draft is perfect anytime anywhere.

Fionaussie (1) - - AUG 31, 2014 does not count
Bold Rock Hard Apple Cider on tap is my preference for drinking this exceptional hard cider from Nelson County, Virginia. Crisp, refreshing start to this thinly textured cider. Clear, pale & sparkling. No head here--thank you! I want to get straight to THIS thirst quencher with its light body and soft carbonation. It’s touch of sweetness is balanced by a hint of tartness. Not bitter or astringent, but an exceptionally clean finish. It has become my favorite hard cider. I’m concerned I’ll be using this as my yard stick ... and not evaluating other ciders on their own merits.

jerseycaptain (1) - Williamsburg, Virginia, USA - DEC 18, 2015 does not count
I will never ever understand the fascination for dry in wine, beer and cider drinkers. To me, dry makes me gag. I don’t like sickeningly-sweet stuff either, but dry is just horrid. Which is why, after tasting so many hard ciders, I happen to think this one is so excellent. It’s not too sweet, DEFINITELY not dry (except a very slight dryness, which is okay), and it is mellow. And mellow is a key word here, as so many hard ciders tend to be way too tart and crisp. One might as well be drinking champagne when trying most other ciders. I don’t want pucker factor or too much crispness in my ciders, and certainly not dryness (much less in wines). Apples are sweet. They are not dry. Cider should not be anything but slightly dry as far as I am concerned. Bold Rock achieved a great thing with this cider, and I highly recommend it!

Bamaboy1975 (248) - Suffolk, Virginia, USA - JUN 2, 2013
Virginia- Apple Cider- Bold Rock cider-master, Brian Shanks, takes special care when crafting this high-quality cider. Virginia Draft is a smooth & distinctive hard cider with superb drinkability making it the perfect drink to enjoy anywhere, anytime! ---Rated via Beer Buddy for iPhone

Kinz (3786) - Glen Allen, Virginia, USA - NOV 30, 2012
Somewhat shocked to find this on tap now at Richmond Volleyball Club. But a pitcher of cider after a game of volleyball seemed like a good idea - and it was. Poured a pale clear yellow, little to no head of course. Aroma of apples. Flavor remarkably strong of apples - fresh and clean. Not watery like many ciders, and didn’t veer into the funk like many ciders do that are trying to achieve flavor. Found that I really liked this one.

RABinCO (1511) - Colorado Springs, Colorado, USA - DEC 9, 2012
Sampled at VA cheer & beer. Pours hazy, champagne golden hay. Very fresh, slightly tart apple with a nice, natural sweetness that avoids being cloying. Over all very natural green apple aroma and taste.