overall

RATINGS: 233   WEIGHTED AVG: 3.86/5   IBU: 60   EST. CALORIES: 270   ABV: 9%
Formerly at 10%.

msylvanus (3) - USA - FEB 20, 2012 does not count
On tap @ Parkway on 16Feb, then again at Red Hot on 19Feb. Seemed slightly thinner, crisper the second time around. Awesome from start to finish. Medium body, lively, astringent, amber, clear, white foam, very reminiscent of Pliny, especially the aroma. Interesting that the older ratings here are just mediocre but all recent are very good - has Boneyard mixed it up a bit? Whatever, it’s great now!

Hoptful (3) - Tigard, Oregon, USA - SEP 23, 2012 does not count
On tap at Max’s Summer Nano-fest in Tigard, at Gigantic Brewing in PDX, and other guest taps around town. This is pure delicious goodness in a glass, the beer for which God invented hops. It delivers a spicy hop wallop, yet is balanced without being sweet, bitter or revealing its high alcohol level. If it weren’t a DIPA with a high ABV, it might be the only IPA I would drink. Boneyard is brewing consistently great beers (except Girl Beer, yuck) and this is their best. I am rating it as perfect across the board as a "pole position" rating--I have simply never had a better DIPA, including Pliny, Double Jack and all the usual suspects. When, if ever, I do, or if Boneyard’s standards slip, I’ll revise the rating accordingly.

Kilroy59 (2) - Bend, Oregon, USA - JAN 24, 2014 does not count
I’ve had this both in draught and out of a growler. Both times in a pint glass, and I have to say, this beer may not be perfect, but if it isn’t, it’s as close to it as I’ve ever had! I could stick my whole head into the top of a glass and sniff the aroma for 5 minutes before even taking a sip! It’s phenomenal! This is probably the best overall beer I’ve ever had. I saw one review saying that the guy had a sample of this next to a sample of DFH’s 90 minute and chose this one. I’d do the same, and that’s saying a lot! This is a fairly regional beer, as it’s not bottled or canned, only kegged. If you’re ever in the PNW and get a chance at it, do NOT pass it up!

tbgroom22 (1) - University Place, Washington, USA - MAY 4, 2015 does not count
Best Beer I have ever drank. It is not the easiest thing to find and Im not sure if bottled it would get sucha high review but tapped Boneyard Hop Venom is truly the nectar of the GODS!

LukasTaylor (6) - - MAY 21, 2014 does not count
Unbelievable aroma. You could practically name all the favors just by the smell. Quite strong IPA with a nice kick. Fruity finish. Beautiful in color.

tmurphy002 (7) - - JUN 19, 2014 does not count
My favorite IIPA, sweet citrus aroma and taste up front with some funk on the backside.

Theydon_Bois (19506) - Hazlemere, the lower Xhitlerns, Buckinghamshire, ENGLAND - NOV 24, 2012
Tap at Produce Row Cafe, Portland 07/11/12 (Thank’s to Jessie for tracking this fantastic beer down for me !). Had first sip LBOW ! Bitter hop assualt !!! Lightly hazed amber with a thin white head which retains well. Good lacing follows. Nose is a big fuck off pine smash to the nostrils, hops, bitter grapefruit, light mango. Tastes of bitter grapefruit, pine forward, hops, a dirty great pine kick in the teeth, light mineral tones. Surprisingly medium in body for double figures ABV with soft carbonatoin leading to a bitter finish. Excellent DIPA, doesn’t come much better. Would like to try this side by side with Pliny, reckon Pliny may drop a point or two and hop Venom may well rise to the top!

bpreo (2840) - Eugene, Oregon, USA - JUL 26, 2013
Towards the end of the night I wanted a light beer to ease me down. I picked this one, 9% alcohol. Most excellent.

Brentv (672) - Portland, Oregon, USA - JAN 9, 2014
UPDATED: AUG 17, 2014 Pint glass from draught. Pours amber with big white head. Good lacing. Big hoppy floral aroma. Floral/citrus taste with a big hop nose, a little sweet, and a pleasant hoppy bitterness. This is a great beer that I’ve had a few times and always love to see. They’re now limiting sales to on draught only, no growler fills. Really? I’d love to take some home with me.

onceblind (9663) - Denver, Colorado, USA - AUG 18, 2016
Slightly hazy golden/copper hue with a foamy ivory head. Lovely and pungent hop nose that’s dank and tropical but also earthy and floral. Lots of melon and pine and citrus pith in the aroma. Big bright citrusy flavor that’s clean and a little grassy, but also has a smooth passion fruit and melon undertone that’s semisweet and bright and pale malty. Bright and citrusy and tropical (passion fruit and grains of paradise mostly with a touch of grapefruit).