overall
Brewed by Brouwerij F. Boon
Style: Lambic Style - Gueuze
Lembeek, Belgium

RATINGS: 1323   WEIGHTED AVG: 3.77/5   EST. CALORIES: 240   ABV: 8%
Traditional belgian lambic. 100% spontaneously fermented. Refermented in the bottle. Tart, dry, sparkling and refreshing.

Betty (236) - Walgett, NSW, AUSTRALIA - OCT 31, 2008
I agree with the Commercial Description: ’’sparking and refreshing¨. If I wasn´t sparked up enough, I had the pleasure to try this with Duff in some pub under London Bridge on southside the name of which is not so important right now. Tart and the bit of the blue cheeze that´s been sitting in the olive juice on the snack tray and all the Jatz are gone so I´ve gone and used my unwashed hands straight to the mouth despite the rags I may or may not be on right now. Beautiful geuze, beautiful company.

Juergen_F (21) - NETHERLANDS - JUL 11, 2010
37,5CL bottle, 2005 vintage / over sized Bordeaux style wine glass. Being familiar with the regular Oude Geuze Boon, I was excited to find a bottle of the Mariage Parfait in the Beer store that I always go to. It pours a very nice slighty dark orange and hazy liquid with a nice head. Smelling and tasting this is like is like visiting beer heaven; this truly is one of the greatest of all beers and one of the greatest in its style. Frank Boon did a truly wonderful job in selecting and blending his very best Lambics from various vintages. Apple, orange, citrus and woody notes from the casks are some of the tastes that I noticed in this beer. This has champagne-like qualities with a lovely sparkle and sourness and sweetness in perfect harmony. The finish is very dry like it should be. This is a beer to share with good company instead of wine. It goes very well with white meat as well. I have another bottle of 2005 vintage still maturing in my cellar, I really wonder what it will taste like in a couple of years. I do not easily rate beers this high, but everything about the Oude Geuze Mariage Parfait is just.... parfait!

madsenbryg (371) - Holstebro, DENMARK - MAY 21, 2010
UPDATED: MAR 23, 2011 citrus, grape, light malty,golden, white foam, very bitter, heavily sour, salty, creamy, medium body, bitter, long finish, Dette er en af mine øl! Kan det gøres bedre?

manuDc (1) - - JAN 28, 2013 does not count
One of my favorite beers tout court, and one of my favorites geuzes. Sour, sour, sour, but in a mellow way. Sprankles at the thongue. Also very useful as aperitif.

Sissio (1644) - Orsenigo, ITALY - DEC 26, 2015
bottle @Hemeijrik in Hasselt beer and wine? it is so close to champagne and prosecco...

oricon (1) - Ann Arbor, Michigan, USA - DEC 10, 2008 does not count
Was recommended this beer by a fellow patron at the Delerium Cafe in Brussels. I received a 2003 vintage, served in authentic glassware. Head was pure white and sparkling. First taste was lemon, sweet and tart, and the aftertaste was wonderfully dry. I would compare it to a fine champagne.

cortomaltese (13) - , ITALY - MAR 4, 2010
La mia Geuze preferita!Anche se anomala per via del suo grado alcolico alto.Gusto intenso e persistente.L’alcol è ben nascosto dalla sua forte acidità.

MrSquash (155) - Florida, USA - JUN 16, 2014
Rich golden color. Smells a little funky but expected for style. Very tart up front and it lingers in after taste. Great sour beer!

ALIBALI (2090) - Kiel, GERMANY - FEB 20, 2016
Schaut meine Bewertung an. Dem ist eigentlich nichts hinzuzufügen. Ein unglaubliches Erlebnis, welches alle Sinne fordert. ICH BIN FAN!!!!! Triplelig, extrem trocken & wundervoll. Flasche 0,375/ ca.5 Euro Beyond Beer HH.

ThunderRoad85 (7) - Piacenza, ITALY - JUN 9, 2017 does not count
Bevuta da bottiglia. Al naso pungenti note acetiche, cappello bianco brillante, color ambra. Acidula all’assaggio con note di champagne e aroma complesso e persistente. Finale resinoso e amaricante. Una delle mie geuze preferite!