RATINGS: 1   MEAN: 2.9/5.0   WEIGHTED AVG: 2.81/5   SEASONAL: Winter   ABV: -
Definitely not the “bottom of the barrel” as often stated in American brewing myths, bock beer is the quintessential expression of the brewmaster’s craft. A true lager beer, Boscos Bock Beer was aged for over three months. Full bodied and malty, this beer is perfect for the cold winter nights ahead. O.G. 1066 I.B.U. 30

Most RecentTicked By

AROMA 5/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 10/20
arjoseph (642) - Chicago, Illinois, USA - JAN 27, 2008
On tap, Nashville brewpub. Ruby brown in the glass with a soapy, ephemeral-looking head that diminishes to a thickish dusting. Strongly malty with roasty and semi-sweet chocolate flavors in the finish. Finishes semi-dry. I’m semi-enthused by the beer. On the one hand, it has a diffident body and malt push that is impressive. On the other, the malts get mealy right after the swallow, and there’s a sense that this is (a) off somehow, and (b) not a bock. I see that whoever enterred the beer put is as a dunkler bock; the dunkle elements really come through, but I don’t know if they are all that successful. Not a poorly made beer by any means, just not my personal taste.