RATINGS: 5   MEAN: 2.88/5.0   WEIGHTED AVG: 2.85/5   SEASONAL: Spring   ABV: -
For years Boscos has brewed an American style (filtered) wheat beer. Our customers loved it! Our brewers thought it was boring. So we added honey. In spite of what most people think, honey generally does not add sweetness to beer. The simple sugars ferment easily, leaving a light dry beer with honey flavor. Now our customers love the beer even more! (O.G. 1.054, I.B.U. 12)

Most RecentTicked By

BMan1113VR (7931) - Los Angeles, California, USA - OCT 5, 2008
On tap in Little Rock. "Customer’s love the beer more [but the brewers and beer geeks think it is still boring]". Pours with a clear yellow body and a small, white ring of head. Aroma of honey and wheat. Taste is honey, oranges, wheat. Dry, fizzy, and boring.

illinismitty (2271) - Nashville, Tennessee, USA - JUL 13, 2007
Draft at Nashville. Pours a pale golden amber with a white head. Faint aroma wheat malt, honey, and yeast. Initial flavor of pilsner, biscuit, and honey, with a spicy hop middle. Moderate amount of sweetness, and sweeter than the American Wheat. Clean and semi-dry finish. Fairly solid and balanced

LilKem (1213) - Marietta, Ohio, USA - JUL 9, 2007
very watery appearance with minimal white head. a lot of cheerios flavor. some honey, wheat, lemon and carmel. the description says the honey doesn’t add sweetness, but in this one it totally does in my opinion. kind of a dry finish though.

SmellGood (339) - Memphis, Tennessee, USA - JUN 21, 2006
Didn’t disappoint but totally unimpressive. Not enough body for my taste. Appeared fairly thin but not my area of expertise.

arjoseph (642) - Chicago, Illinois, USA - MAY 19, 2005
On tap, 16 oz. Shaker glass, Nashville Brewpub. Pale hazy yellow in the glass, dusting of white head with quick and uneven lacing. Smells of wheat malt, alcohol (!), yeast, a bit of honey, and some port (which, with the note of alcohol, I found wierd for the style). Lemony acidity in the mouth with dry gentle hops on the finish. Prickly carbonation lingers with the hops. There’s more honey character here than wheat; it was almost like wheat mead. Very unique in my experience, and tasty; a better balance than most beers I’ve encountered with honey, which is usually not as present as I’m expecting. Some floral character in the finish too, but I can’t pin down exactly what it is. Not too complex, but well done overall.